Baron withdraws his name from the transfer Portal

If you watch closely, Baron has a real nice punch where he has the ability to get an initial advantage, but he doesn't have elite explosiveness like Young possesses. That's an area that is definitely something capable of improving with alot of hard work.

If I was a magician, I'd make a kid like Barons social media access disappear and enable him to realize how great a player he could be if he'd forget about the nonsense and inserting Matthew Butlers mindset into his brain.

Sure glad to have Baron back. He already has a ton of SEC experience and has 3 years left of eligibility. Strength and overall ability will improve so quit speculating on his ceiling, etc. and celebrate his staying with the program. It is fun to see the Knoxville area kids develop into UT/SEC stars.

He is a decent player but that's about it
And we dont know what Verse will be against guys his size with similar builds or bigger. I like Verse but he would have had a learning curve here like anyone else. He wasn't going to come in and dominate SEC caliber guys. This league isnt easy and Baron was much higher rated as a prospect. But we KNOW Baron is at least decent.... The hype for Verse was his motor. His film is great, but not exactly SEC competition or even ACC level. VERSE may be great he may not be. Wish him well and worry about who is HERE

Baron was 3rd on team in Sacks, 6th in TFL, and 12th in Total Tackles.

With 3 yrs eligibility remaining for Baron, if he comes back hungry & healthy, it’s very good news for the Vols. At minimum, he def. helps the rotation unless we sign about 4 Derek Barnetts soon.

His UK deal fell through. No longer on the table. I wouldnt let him back. Make an example out of him.

I would use him as an example also...i would point out to booster how they CAN make a difference. And taking care of guys likeTB BEFORE they go into the portal is the smart move.

Reactions: DonDiego
He is a decent player but that's about it

Sometimes Baron looks elite some times looks like he's going thru the motions. Maybe he gets a perspective about his future and balls out. IMO he has Garner tutoring he's in a good place just needs to bring it every day and every play. GBO.

Saw an article that said he wasn't a big loss b/c we have other talent, but until we are stacked at 2 deep on D, we're going to struggle on D b/c of the amount of time our D is on the field. Not saying that's really a bad thing...it's just different. Certainly should be a selling point for defensive players that if you're on 2 deep you're getting alot of snaps. Baron is welcomed back! Need him to take that next step in 2022

I guess my post gave him a big case of the guilts...I shall take full credit for him returning...Your welcome! <Blue Font>

VN Store

Back