Basketball Recruiting Rumors

I dont think people on a tennessee board would just start this up because they are bored. There has to be some truth behind it. Guess we will find out tommorrow.

If that stuff is true, then I think it is terrible that a father would risk his son's career like that. This reminds me of the Jonathan Hargett situation of a few years ago. He cancelled a scheduled visit to UT after visiting WVU. After one year with the Mountaineers (he hit the game-winner at TBA), Hargett was out for taking money. Catlett was out. And the school was found to have no knowledge of money going to Hargett.

Man, That's some heavy stuff to put out without credible sources. Somebody ought to ask Mike..I know..Lets get Bassillio to ask him..Bassillio will believe..I mean ask anything.

Bassillio in his interview with Pearl on his radio show today started to ask Pearl about UT self Reporting to the NCAA about possible violations by Benson but he chickened out. He said that he would call him up "Off the Air" to get the scoop instead of putting him on the spot. If it's true I suppose we will find out soon enough.

You know I have been following major D I basketball only since Pearl took the job here and I am already seeing the major downfall. At USI and UWM the game was about Xs and Os and you can see at the major level it is all about corruptness and BS. The sad thing is the story is probably true and this crap goes on at all of the big schools. But schools like Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc. get the luxury of having the NCAA turn their heads and the rest of the schools become the scapegoats. The NCAA is running the biggest scam of all time.

The important thing is that Coach Pearl did it right at USI (I'm about 50 miles south of Evansville) and at UMW. That's where, I believe, our thoughts should be. If Benson and others did something wrong there is nothing we can do about it. We have to trust the administration that it is on the right track. I firmly believe it is, and will be, done right in Knoxville. I also find it extremely hard to believe that Buzz Peterson would have been involved in anything wrong. Geez, wouldn't UT have won more games if he were?

Ladies and gentleman take my advice, take off your pants and slide on the ice.
Dr. Sidney Freeman, during a visit at the 4077th MASH

VN Store

Back