Basketball reruit Gossip

kevbk6222

Ever Heard of Brigham Waginger, probably not, he has been recruited by UT. This is his Senior Year. Coach K has been watching him for a while. 6 foot 2 inch Point guard led his team to the state finals only to lose to OJ Mayo's team by 1. I have watched him since he was 10, he has skilz.

Is he interested in Tennessee or something? I have not heard of him.

Tell us what you know. Who else is recruiting him?

He is interested in UT he wont be in college until 2006. He has been in many camps at Duke but only 1 school has offered him a scolership, Kent State, but he wont go there.

Originally posted by kevbk6222@Jul 1, 2005 12:00 PM
scolership
[snapback]109532[/snapback]​

:dlol: . . . .I'm sorry, all in good humor, but I couldn't resist that one.

How many scholarships do we have to give? Seems like the new grade system cut us down a few...can't remember.

Originally posted by pedigovolfan@Jul 1, 2005 2:42 PM
How many scholarships do we have to give?  Seems like the new grade system cut us down a few...can't remember.
[snapback]109554[/snapback]​

We have 6 to give. Likely only 5 if Anthony Passley is offered a scholly this fall.

OK Kev, time to step up here. The kid is a pg at Ironton HS in OH. Looks like he has some pretty good stats. But nowhere, on Scout or Rivals do I see his name. What makes you think UT is recruiting him? Why isn't OSU, X, Cinn., etc. recruiting him? Help me out a little.

I talk to him all the time. He told me that UT invited him to their campus and he loved the place. He flew under the radar because Dennis Gagai (that is his real last name) was the scorer. He is getting recruited by Xavier and Cincinnati. He is a defensive star and a great leader. Duke has been watching him for a long time. If UT gets Dennis with his stroke from deep, they will be set.

Originally posted by kevbk6222@Jul 2, 2005 10:18 AM
I talk to him all the time. He told me that UT invited him to their campus and he loved the place. He flew under the radar because Dennis Gagai (that is his real last name) was the scorer. He is getting recruited by Xavier and Cincinnati. He is a defensive star and a great leader. Duke has been watching him for a long time. If UT gets Dennis with his stroke from deep, they will be set.
[snapback]109684[/snapback]​

Sounds good. Do you know if we are recruiting Gagai too?

After googling both these guys, are you sure they are not being recruited for baseball? Got a pic of Gagai? (how 'bout a pronunciation although I'm not sure I wanna know. Those bammers would never forget this kid's name).

Originally posted by ukvols@Jul 2, 2005 1:36 PM
He looks almost as intimidating as me. :lolup:
[snapback]109710[/snapback]​

:laugh1: he makes me feel old at 25. Is he old enough to play college ball?

This year is his senior year. He can play college ball next year. Gagai (Gay Guy) is only getting recruited by Xavier. Neither have been recruited in baseball. I almost forgot, Doesn't Ironton have nice jerseys. :D

Waginger and Gagai both have preliminary interest from Tennessee, but I doubt we get serious about either player unless we miss on all or most of the following:

Willie Kemp
Brandon Powell
Ramar Smith
Verice Cloyd
Brandon Evans
Armon Bassett
Larry Wright
Lamar Falley

And probably others. They're good names to keep in mind down the road or perhaps in the spring, though.

Also, sorry for my absense as of late - I was out of town for a while, and I'm studying for the CPA exam, so that takes up much of my time.

I'm heading down to Peach Jam this week, where I hope to get a look at the few Tennessee prospects that will be down there. No doubt I'll have a report for everyone.

Hey RTH, How come you don't have Chism on TN's list. The Knox News Sentinel indicates Chism and kemp could be a package deal?? What do you hear?

You left some big men off that list. What about Chism? What about Watkins? What about Williams?

Guys, I only listed the guards we're recruiting because that's who the two Ohio players are behind on the wish list.

The big men we're after (Chism, Varnardo, Watkins, etc) have little to do with them.

Ah, gotcha. I didn't know what position that Gagai played. So, I wasn't aware that you were only listing the guards.

I do have to say that the list of interested prospects in much, much more impressive than at any time during Buzz Peterson's tenure.

Ridgeway's Pierre Niles is reported by the KNS as not being interested in TN like he was before Buzz Peterson left. He 's a 6'7 wide body power forward-275lbs. Is it he is not interested in us or are we not interested in him. I'm sure it would be hard for him to keep up in Pearl's fast pace game. Anybody know the real story? I personally don't think Pearl needs another Memphis recruit pumping up Buzz. I would like to see Edgar put some shine on Pearl in the Memphis area.

I just hope he's better than our last white boy. I too had never heard of the guy, but then again I only really follow football recruiting.
bradshaw27507ns.jpg
[/URL]

VN Store

Back