BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

Grant has been playing some insanely good basketball this series. You could argue he has been the most important player on either side or phrased differently “the difference maker”.

Jayson Tatum led them in scoring and guarded KD the most while almost completely shutting him down. It's Tatum for sure, but Grant was arguably the best role player in the series. Really, they all showed up. It was one of the best sweep series I've ever seen. I think Celtics won by an average margin of like 4 points or something.

Boston got fleeced on that Richardson deal. They gave up a first rounder to get a guy that gives them essentially the same stats across the board but with way worse efficiency. Richardson is a better defender as well, but white is a far better play maker. Even if you want to can White an upgrade (which is more than debatable), he certainly wasn't worth a 1st rounder and a pick swap. White is still fine for them, but I just never understood that trade.

The C's needed another PG and Richardson's value isn't great. When he's right, he's really good, but Dallas gave up Seth Curry for him, and then he was terrible there when it should have been a good fit. It wasn't great in Philly, either. Teams are scared of him.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I don’t know if I have ever been happier for a Vol excelling in the pros than I am for Grant. So many people questioned his size and athleticism for the position he played, but man has he worked hard, expanded his game, and made a statement.
I'd argue I was still more surprised and impressed with how CJ Watson carved out a solid 10 year career but Grant is getting close.

The C's needed another PG and Richardson's value isn't great. When he's right, he's really good, but Dallas gave up Seth Curry for him, and then he was terrible there when it should have been a good fit. It wasn't great in Philly, either. Teams are scared of him.
But he was playing well in Boston. Boston's bench got better when they traded for Theis, and inserted Pritchard back into the lineup instead of Langford (who is awful). They also had Schroeder at the time, so they didn't need a PG. They were having to play Jabari Parker and Hernangomez as well. It really was not an optimal bench lineup for Josh to even have to play with but he put up pretty good stats all things considered. 10 ppg, 3 rpg, 1.5 apg on 44% from the field, 40% from 3, and 86% from the line in 24 mpg.

Spurs certainly got the better end of the deal, as he played well for them, and will probably be another nice trade piece again in the offseason.

But he was playing well in Boston. Boston's bench got better when they traded for Theis, and inserted Pritchard back into the lineup instead of Langford (who is awful). They also had Schroeder at the time, so they didn't need a PG. They were having to play Jabari Parker and Hernangomez as well. It really was not an optimal bench lineup for Josh to even have to play with but he put up pretty good stats all things considered. 10 ppg, 3 rpg, 1.5 apg on 44% from the field, 40% from 3, and 86% from the line in 24 mpg.

Spurs certainly got the better end of the deal, as he played well for them, and will probably be another nice trade piece again in the offseason.

And Miami.

I think both teams are happy with the trade. White hasn't shot the ball well but it's still working. White + Pritchard + Tatum + Grant + Theis was one of their best lineups this year. So was White + Brown + Tatum + Grant + Horford.

Boston got fleeced on that Richardson deal. They gave up a first rounder to get a guy that gives them essentially the same stats across the board but with way worse efficiency. Richardson is a better defender as well, but white is a far better play maker. Even if you want to can White an upgrade (which is more than debatable), he certainly wasn't worth a 1st rounder and a pick swap. White is still fine for them, but I just never understood that trade.
Yeah that pick was only protected 1-4 too so highly unlikely they retain that pick. They gave way too much for a guy that’s a below average shooter.

This is why Barnes emphasizes defense so much. This will get Grant the all important second contract.
I'd say turning himself into a borderline 50/40/90 player this season has more to do than his defense. He was good team defender and communicator from the moment he was drafted. He has improved as an individual defender a lot but his shot becoming high percentage will make the $ first.

I'd say turning himself into a borderline 50/40/90 player this season has more to do than his defense. He was good team defender and communicator from the moment he was drafted. He has improved as an individual defender a lot but his shot becoming high percentage will make the $ first.
Did he miss the 50/40/90 ? Because if he did, it wasn't by much

VN Store

Back