Beat Florida!! Best shot at upset...

brad37128

I think we stand a good chance at upsetting the gators. It's the perfect setup. We usually schedule cupcakes before this game, that is why I was glad to play Oregon despite the score. Hell we had them beat last year.

1. Much better D - If the orange swarm plays like they did in the 1st qtr we shut down Driskle. Create a couple of turnovers and we got a ball game.

2. Butch has to mix it up more!! FL will stack the box and make our QB throw or scramble (more the reason to bench Worley).

3. This is our best shot at an upset in the 5 heavy underdog games and will just about make the season (exception is vandy revenge).

4. Negavols can kiss my azz cause Its great to be a Tennessee Vol!!

Reactions: 14 people
Worley one hops receivers on crossing routes 10 Yds down field and you think throwing the ball is a key to the upset?

Florida has given up two 3rd down conversions all year.

We lose something like 24-6.

Reactions: 1 person
UF has serious issues on the offensive side of their team, but we seem to have those as well. UF has a good defensive club, not sure we are in that category yet, but their weakness on offense is a plus for us. They're favored and should be. I thought OU was a possible upset but hindsight shows how much folly that idea was, so I'll go out on a limb here and join that this may now be our best chance of an upset on our schedule. GBO!!

Reactions: 2 people
When UF is in an obvious passing situation, drop 9 defenders into coverage and then patiently wait for Driskel's head to explode.

Reactions: 13 people
There's a lot of coaching that has to take place between now and boarding that plane on Thurs/Fri. I think I heard we played 4! count em' 4 walk on db's against Oregon. Good grief...4 walk on db's against 4 & 5 star offensive talent. CBJ has his work cut out. I do not envy the man.

Reactions: 5 people
There's a lot of coaching that has to take place between now and boarding that plane on Thurs/Fri. I think I heard we played 4! count em' 4 walk on db's against Oregon. Good grief...4 walk on db's against 4 & 5 star offensive talent. CBJ has his work cut out. I do not envy the man.

did not know that.that's very scary.

Reactions: 1 person
Time to put up or shut up. Hope this motivates them all, and brings out the best in all of them,

I"m hoping for the same... We've come to our first crossroads and I trust the decision Butch will make.

I'm not on the 'lets cut Worley from the team bandwagon' but I do think its time to find a playmaker. WHO WANTS IT BOYS?!?

what has caused tennessee to be in this situation.having to play 4 walk on db's.that was one of our deeper positions last year.and now we are this thin there.

what has caused tennessee to be in this situation.having to play 4 walk on db's.that was one of our deeper positions last year.and now we are this thin there.
Dooley's fantastic recruiting that's how.. A waste of 3 years would be a understatement for the Dooley ERROR......

Reactions: 3 people

Lol, did you not watch our DBs last year? We were not deep there, sure we had some bodies, but Wagner and Teague where slower than our fullback and Justin Coleman refused to turn around and make a play on the ball. The talent at DB is much deeper this year, regardless of the fact that some of them are walk ons

i heard walk on qb paul crue.nicknamed the wrecking crue might get some snaps saturday.he is a scrambling qb.

Worley one hops receivers on crossing routes 10 Yds down field and you think throwing the ball is a key to the upset?

Florida has given up two 3rd down conversions all year.

We lose something like 24-6.

I think we need to let this marinate for a few days... By Sunday morning the lightbulb might finally flick on. :dunno:

Lol, did you not watch our DBs last year? We were not deep there, sure we had some bodies, but Wagner and Teague where slower than our fullback and Justin Coleman refused to turn around and make a play on the ball. The talent at DB is much deeper this year, regardless of the fact that some of them are walk ons

i just thought we had more scholarship players there.i guess when a few of them transfered or got the boot it made our roster thin.i know daniel gray left and lanier flunked out.am i missing anyone else.

I think we stand a good chance at upsetting the gators. It's the perfect setup. We usually schedule cupcakes before this game, that is why I was glad to play Oregon despite the score. Hell we had them beat last year.

1. Much better D - If the orange swarm plays like they did in the 1st qtr we shut down Driskle. Create a couple of turnovers and we got a ball game.

2. Butch has to mix it up more!! FL will stack the box and make our QB throw or scramble (more the reason to bench Worley).

3. This is our best shot at an upset in the 5 heavy underdog games and will just about make the season (exception is vandy revenge).

4. Negavols can kiss my azz cause Its great to be a Tennessee Vol!!

Maybe we "negavols" should just move into that fantasy world of yours. After all we have won 4 SEC games in 3 years- impressive.. Final UF31 UT10

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, and this is not a flame. But could we please stop with the "I think we upset so and so" or "we're gonna beat ________" we couldn't beat our way out of a brown paper sack in a rain storm at this point! It just makes us look that much more pathetic.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back