Beat Florida!! Best shot at upset...

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, and this is not a flame. But could we please stop with the "I think we upset so and so" or "we're gonna beat ________" we couldn't beat our way out of a brown paper sack in a rain storm at this point! It just makes us look that much more pathetic.

LOL... Keep your chin up.

i just thought we had more scholarship players there.i guess when a few of them transfered or got the boot it made our roster thin.i know daniel gray left and lanier flunked out.am i missing anyone else.

You missed Gordon and Bonner. Who knows what happened to Orta and Thomas...

Last edited:
i just thought we had more scholarship players there.i guess when a few of them transfered or got the boot it made our roster thin.i know daniel gray left and lanier flunked out.am i missing anyone else.

Lanier was gone before last year, and then there was Gordon and Thomas too. I guess it depends on how you define depth. Sure, we had more bodies in the secondary last year, but they were pretty much just bodies. This year we have more "players" in the secondary, really I would take everybody that has played in the secondary this year including walkons over what we had last year.

I think we stand a good chance at upsetting the gators. It's the perfect setup. We usually schedule cupcakes before this game, that is why I was glad to play Oregon despite the score. Hell we had them beat last year.

1. Much better D - If the orange swarm plays like they did in the 1st qtr we shut down Driskle. Create a couple of turnovers and we got a ball game.

2. Butch has to mix it up more!! FL will stack the box and make our QB throw or scramble (more the reason to bench Worley).

3. This is our best shot at an upset in the 5 heavy underdog games and will just about make the season (exception is vandy revenge).

4. Negavols can kiss my azz cause Its great to be a Tennessee Vol!!

I'm thinking a lot of people around here don't know what "good chance" means.

Do we have a chance; obviously...but I wouldn't call it good.

And here we go again....

Check all the posters in this thread. Saturday evening they will all be starting meltdown threads after we lose again. Some people either never learn or they just don't want to learn.

Relax, people. Butch will get things straightened out. But it will take lots of time to get the Dooley out of our once proud program.

Reactions: 2 people
Check all the posters in this thread. Saturday evening they will all be starting meltdown threads after we lose again. Some people either never learn or they just don't want to learn.

Relax, people. Butch will get things straightened out. But it will take lots of time to get the Dooley out of our once proud program.

You won't see me with a meltdown. Maybe a bud light drowning. I can't stand negavols who never have anything good to say about their team. What a miserable life!!

Bottom line we CAN beat Florida. You have to believe. Butch will get this turned around and it might start this week. If you don't believe don't watch the game and go mow your grass.

You won't see me with a meltdown. Maybe a bud light drowning. I can't stand negavols who never have anything good to say about their team. What a miserable life!!

Bottom line we CAN beat Florida. You have to believe. Butch will get this turned around and it might start this week. If you don't believe don't watch the game and go mow your grass.

Unfortunately for you your taste in beer is equal to the quality of your posts.

Reactions: 1 person

Wow, it's like I didn't see this all last week.

I mowed my grass during the second half of the Oregon game last weekend. This weekend I guess I'll trim the shrubs.

My yard is going to look the best it ever has in the fall this year. I'm so excited!

I know Driskel was less than impressive but we moved the ball all day on Miami's D to the tune of over 400 yds. We just had those costly turnovers which we can't have.

Their offense is a mirror image of ours. Their defense is LEGIT. If we want to compete we have to give our defense a breather. If they get gassed from our offense going three and out then I see us making Driskell (who is average at best) look like a hero again.

Cause for hope is, I believe we're a better team across the board than last year's team, granted our O last year was decent, but laid down early too often. Our D last year was not even an FBS caliber D IMO. That said UF did not run us off the field, especially in the first half. UF's D is very good this year, but their O may be even worse. Consequently this years edition of the gators is overall slightly worse, even, or slightly better than last years ... a tossup. This year's edition of the VOLs are improved. How much that improvement is becomes the actual spread. UF last year hit us with a bunch of big plays, but looking at the box score, they were 3 of 13 on 3rd down efficiency, hardly anything scary and we stunk it up on D. Therefore 2013 gators are nowhere close to a +17 point winner over the Vols, they may not win, the Vols have a shot an an upset. I'll be in Vegas this weekend and my $s will be on the Vols, gonna plunk a C down on it for fun. GBO!

VN Store

Back