Behr's Christmas Carols and Songs Thread

What in the Souce and TFG is that?👀🤣
It’s been just a song for at least 20-30 years. I love it, because it’s so ridiculous, and the harmonies, holy cow, the singing is perfect.

If you’ve ever had to sing Christmas music* over and over and over (secular songs, not religious Christmas carols), you’ll know how much schmaltz is out there, most of it wonderful musically. Listen to the background harmonies during the “later on, if you wanna / we can dress like Madonna” - just perfect performance and production! 😂 Also the key change one half-step up after “Wait until the wife is out of town.” Nailed it! (No pun intended)

I never dreamed they’d make a video, lol.

* Great secular Christmas season music, IMO: “I’ll Be Home for Christmas“, “White Christmas”, “Hard Candy Christmas”, “The Christmas Song” (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire”), “Snowfall”, “Tender Tennessee Christmas”, etc. But I could happily live the rest of my life without ever hearing again “Holly Jolly Christmas” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”, etc. Yes, I am a bad person. #SorryNotSorry

It’s been just a song for at least 20-30 years. I love it, because it’s so ridiculous, and the harmonies, holy cow, the singing is perfect.

If you’ve ever had to sing Christmas music* over and over and over (secular songs, not religious Christmas carols), you’ll know how much schmaltz is out there, most of it wonderful musically. Listen to the background harmonies during the “later on, if you wanna / we can dress like Madonna” - just perfect performance and production! 😂 Also the key change one half-step up after “Wait until the wife is out of town.” Nailed it! (No pun intended)

I never dreamed they’d make a video, lol.

* Great secular Christmas season music, IMO: “I’ll Be Home for Christmas“, “White Christmas”, “Hard Candy Christmas”, “The Christmas Song” (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire”), “Snowfall”, “Tender Tennessee Christmas”, etc. But I could happily live the rest of my life without ever hearing again “Holly Jolly Christmas” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”, etc. Yes, I am a bad person. #SorryNotSorry
That is the first time I have listened to that song in years. We used to sing along when we were kids.

Reactions: VolNExile
raw

VN Store

Back