Ben Martin

He'll probable be in the 5 man rotation between X-man, Reynolds, R. Ayers, Dan Williams, and Ben Martin..

But if the coaches tell him that he's the 5th man then he'll prolly redshirt.. He wont wanna be 3rd string.

Pretty sure the coaches decide who will redshirt, not the players themselves.

Dan Williams is a DT. The 5 man rotation will be XMan, Reynolds, Ayers, Brown, and Martin. Martin may be the #3 DE by the end of the year.

Who? Martin? He will be around 240 by time he hits campus I would guess. He will be around 245-250 when season starts.

If he gets that big will he keep his 4.5 speed?

he might lose it to a 4.7 or something like that, but that's still blazing for a defensive end. To make himself a more complete player it would be worth it for sure. Keep in mind he is 6'5".

There are those that are that big(Marcus Spears was a DE and weighed near 300). We really needed some DEs to rush the QB, so don't expect Ben to get too big early.

yes. I think first 2 years if not first 3.

Little was a safety in highschool believe it or not. He came to UT as a sophomore after a year at junior college and played DE for two years then moved to MLB for his senior year.

I remember it didn't pan out as well as some expected and people were skeptical the next year when Al Wilson went from OLB to MLB...but we all know that panned out much, much, much better

VN Store

Back