Best Gameday Atmosphere?

The Swamp

for those of you that have been to several games, In youre opinion, what is the best gameday atmosphere? (for a college football game)

I do enjoy the Tennessee/Florida game. But I will have to go with the 3rd Saturday in October Tennessee/Alabama.

Originally posted by allvolinky@May 15, 2005 5:30 PM
I do enjoy the Tennessee/Florida game.  But I will have to go with the 3rd Saturday in October Tennessee/Alabama.
[snapback]94157[/snapback]​

im talking about which campus in general...like which town has the best

Tennessee is best of course. Actually as much as I hate to say it Gainesville is probably my second favorite (that I have been to) as far as pregame atmosphere. The strip there is a lot of fun.

With things like the Vol Walk and the Vol Navy, you cant beat Knoxville.

Though I think any campus in the SEC would be rockin on gameday.

Being alittle biased i guess? but to me there just isnt anything that i can relate to as for a game day in knoxville.
There is electricity in the air. Everyone ive encountered tailgating, hanging out, or on the strip has just been really cool.
With SC as the only other SEC campus/stadium gameday ive been too.
They partied and all but not with the game in mind etc. Im sure FLA,GA,and all really do it up! But there is only 1 NCAA drinking town with a football problem...UT

Go to ann arbor, that is really fun. espically when ohio state comes to town.

Originally posted by vols2345@May 15, 2005 3:34 PM
Go to ann arbor,  that is really fun.  espically when ohio state comes to town.
[snapback]94177[/snapback]​

<_< Not happening any time soon.

In the SEC, I have been to Knoxville, The Swamp, Auburn, UGA, Tuscaloosa, Vandy and LSU. Looking at each on its own my list looks like this:

1. UT Of Course ;)
2. Tie Ganesville (Nastiest Fans though)
2. LSU (especially for a night game)
4.UGA (knowledgeable fans, mostly good people)
5.Auburn (good fans, well, mostly anyway)
6.Bama :rolleyes:
7. Vandy (last as usual)

Just my humble opinion. Whatever you do though....don&#39;t take the kids to Gainesville. Bunch of drunken idiots fresh out of "Basket weaving with Hemp 101" Class

I agree that Gaiensville is not for the faint of heart.

I need to make that LSU trip one day.

I always have liked going to Georgia and Auburn. Also, as I&#39;ve said before, South Carolina is underrated since the stadium is so accessible and the fans are cordial since they expect to lose anyway.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 15, 2005 7:12 PM
I always have liked going to Georgia and Auburn.  Also, as I&#39;ve said before, South Carolina is underrated since the stadium is so accessible and the fans are cordial since they expect to lose anyway.
[snapback]94206[/snapback]​

Wonder if that attitude will change this year? :question:

Good point. They may start to take on that Spurrier attitude.

It&#39;s kinda funny, even after Spurrier and some sub-par seasons they still have the &#39;tude in Gainesville. Don&#39;t think Steve will get the full blown effect until / if they win in SC .

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 15, 2005 7:09 PM
I agree that Gaiensville is not for the faint of heart.

I need to make that LSU trip one day.
[snapback]94203[/snapback]​

All fear The Swamp&#33; :gun: :thefinger: :rocks: :moon2:

:angel:

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 15, 2005 7:18 PM
All fear The Swamp&#33; :gun:  :thefinger:  :rocks:  :moon2:
:angel:
[snapback]94218[/snapback]​

Fear that my kids will be assaulted and get a degree in 4 letter word trash talk maybe. Don&#39;t think our players are too disturbed by it though. UF is like most schools.....stay away from the students and most of the Alums are good folks. Just seems like there are more over zealous students in Gainesville. (BTW I married one of those Gators. Obviously we met in a bar.)

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 15, 2005 7:26 PM
I am so disappointed in you bill. :wassup:
[snapback]94226[/snapback]​

It certainly makes a great case for abstinance&#33; :dlol:

Originally posted by volmanbill@May 15, 2005 7:28 PM
It certainly makes a great case for abstinance&#33;  :dlol:
[snapback]94229[/snapback]​
good one :D, better hope she doesn&#39;t see that.

Originally posted by volmanbill@May 15, 2005 7:24 PM
stay away from the students and most of the Alums are good folks.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Drunk frat boys are the same whether we&#39;re playing at Florida, at Georgia or at Vanderbilt.

True story: Took my 9 yo son to Athens this year. After buying tickets out front, we ended up near mid-field lower next to 2 UT fans&#33; Figured it would be great. Instead I got Mr Negativity. All the UGA fans were laughing at the guy. Would&#39;ve been better surrounded by red and black. My friend UGA grad) and his 9 yo were there in their usual seats when he had to deal with a drunk dawg.....Idiots come in all colors :banghead:

VN Store

Back