Best Gameday Atmosphere?

Originally posted by GAVol@May 15, 2005 6:30 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. 

Drunk frat boys are the same whether we're playing at Florida, at Georgia or at Vanderbilt.
[snapback]94235[/snapback]​

no offense "swamp" but i hate ur football team and everything they are about.

sorry man. this is volnation. not croc nation.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 15, 2005 5:09 PM
I agree that Gaiensville is not for the faint of heart.

I need to make that LSU trip one day.
[snapback]94203[/snapback]​

Come on down this year Freaky!!!!!

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 15, 2005 7:42 PM
no offense "swamp" but i hate ur football team and everything they are about. 

sorry man. this is volnation. not croc nation.
[snapback]94242[/snapback]​

oh yeah, i hate UT aswell....but im trying to have some nice convos.

i post frequently on Gator Sports Message Board, and the place has tons of vol posters..so i thought id see what its liek to post on a rival board, and see what kinda insight you guys have

but aside from that, screw you :lolup:

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@May 15, 2005 8:08 PM
Come on down this year Freaky!!!!!
[snapback]94258[/snapback]​
I would love to. We'll have to see what happens.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 15, 2005 6:14 PM
Good point. They may start to take on that Spurrier attitude.
[snapback]94210[/snapback]​

So you think they will start making funny faces, throwing down their visors, and acting gay next year? We should really beat them then

Originally posted by vols2345@May 15, 2005 5:34 PM
Go to ann arbor,  that is really fun.  espically when ohio state comes to town.
[snapback]94177[/snapback]​

michigan fans are renowned for being the rudest, most foul-mouthed fans in cfb

Seriously. I haven't been to Ann Arbor, but I know folks back in Ohio who have and they say it's the worst sporting experience they've ever been to.

Notre Dame fans are pretty bad also....I found the aggie fans to be pretty rude as well at the cotton bowl this past year...although i did sit around a bunch of college aggies...

The best fans I've seen outside the SEC were without a doubt the Nebrasks fans. Always appreciative of a good effort and very knowledgeable about the game in general. Unfortunately, it was at the '97 Orange Bowl, the one single game I give the most credit for launching UT on their way to the National Title. The way they manhandeled the Vols in the 2nd half was truly humbling.

please keep this on topic other discussions should be in the pub.

Thanks

Non UT - I go with UGA.

UF is over-rated, LSU is disgusting, South Carolina sucks.

Originally posted by U-T@May 15, 2005 11:57 PM
Non UT - I go with UGA.

UF is over-rated, LSU is disgusting, South Carolina sucks.
[snapback]94515[/snapback]​

Don't hold back U-T.

Say what you REALLY feel.

:p

S. Carolina was a huge disapointment this past year.

Maybe it is being spoiled at Neyland, but I thought I was in a high school stadium. Also, the fans started filing out early in the third when Tennessee went ahead for the first time. They were some of the most fair weather home fans I had seen on the road.

:D KNOCKSVILLE of course
followed by Auburn, Gainesville, Athens, Baton rouge, Birmingham was okay, tuscaloosa dangerous place when the tiders loose.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 16, 2005 12:11 AM
Also, the fans started filing out early in the third when Tennessee went ahead for the first time.  They were some of the most fair weather home fans I had seen on the road.
[snapback]94525[/snapback]​

I was at that game too. That was one of the saddest displays by hometeam fans that I've ever seen. We went ahead 29-8 with 15 minutes to go and the stadium was about 1/2 full. Those folks missed about 200 yards of offense and a furious comeback attempt.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 16, 2005 12:14 AM
I was at that game too.  That was one of the saddest displays by hometeam fans that I've ever seen.  We went ahead 29-8 with 15 minutes to go and the stadium was about 1/2 full.  Those folks missed about 200 yards of offense and a furious comeback attempt.
[snapback]94528[/snapback]​

Yeah, but they beat everybody else to the Cracker Barrel.

:lol2:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 15, 2005 10:58 PM
Don't hold back U-T.

Say what you REALLY feel.

:p
[snapback]94517[/snapback]​

Alabama - Lame and much less of a football atmosphere then I expected. Stadium noise wasn't nearly as loud as trips I have had to Auburn, Florida, LSU, and even Georgia.

Originally posted by Tennman@May 15, 2005 11:14 PM
:D KNOCKSVILLE of course
followed by Auburn, Gainesville, Athens, Baton rouge, Birmingham was okay, tuscaloosa dangerous place when the tiders loose.
[snapback]94526[/snapback]​

Back in 93-94 i lived in columbia and it seemed they almost didnt care? Sure they wanted to win' but just didnt carry any faith. It wasnt exciting to them at all. Tannyhill spelled incorrectly i assume was a bust! They seemed then to have just put all the faith in him and welp! But as for now sitting in front of the tube' the SC fans got alil rowdy'...Good to see they had a pulse

A miami home game is pretty fun. Just get to your car after the game before they do and you will be fine.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 15, 2005 4:31 PM
im talking about which campus in general...like which town has the best
[snapback]94159[/snapback]​

I dont see how much better you could get then gameday before a UT game however as much as a hate to say it auburn knows how to party before a game. When i went there two years ago when caddy was a junior, they started tailgatin at 10 in the morning and it wasnt just one or two here and there .. there were people EVERYWHERE really early. It was pretty crazy. But i have talked to several people that go to games just for the heck of it and there not from here and they say that they havent ever seen anything like the TENN florida game.

VN Store

Back