Best HC in the NCAA

VolsByNature

DeletedPost Record Holder
I'm sure this has been posted before, but who do you believe the best HC is in the nation?

I'm going with Urban Meyer

I don't know his name yet but it needs to be UT's net head coach.:)

Other than that I would say Pete Carrol.USC.

From what I have seen the last 2 years at Bama...Saban

1. Pete Carroll
2. Nick Saban
3. Urban Meyer
4. Jim Tressel

Last edited:
Brady Hoke.

What that guy has done at a Dump like Ball St. is simply incredible. They were in serious danger of losing their football program 5 years ago. Talk about a turnaround.

I dont know, Saban probably. Meyer hasn't sold me until I see what he can do without Tebow.

fyp

The other three have legitimate National Championships. Tressel has an extremely controversial pass interference call...
I think that it was an awful call, however, that OSU team probably shouldn't have won the conference. I don't know how Tressel pulled that out.

OSU will win more national titles with Tressel.

Paul Johnson

The guy has won everywhere, including a Georgia Tech team "stocked" with Chan Gailey recruits and at the freakin' Naval Academy. And he's done it without a printed playbook and running what is generally derided as a high school offense.

Brady Hoke.

What that guy has done at a Dump like Ball St. is simply incredible. They were in serious danger of losing their football program 5 years ago. Talk about a turnaround.

No they weren't, and Hoke's record at Ball State is 33-37 (including 11-0 this year). Ball State has benefited from having a spurned Nate Davis as its quarterback and the entire MAC deciding to become the worst conference in the country rather than try to become the 7th major conference (which, four years ago, it looked like they might do).

Paul Johnson

The guy has won everywhere, including a Georgia Tech team "stocked" with Chan Gailey recruits and at the freakin' Naval Academy. And he's done it without a printed playbook and running what is generally derided as a high school offense.

HE IS A WINNER.

Back in the early 70's when Bear Bryant switched to the bone and ruled the conference for the next 11 years. Before that success a lot of Bammers thought the game had passed the Bear by and wanted him to retire or turn pro.

Point being that something different causes problems for the other teams. If you run something that they rarely see, like AF against us a few years ago, it's hard to STOP it if you execute well. And above all there is no doubt that an unstoppable running game is the most effective weapon in all of football. It physically demoralizes your opponent and keeps your defense fresh. Look back when we won a NC, we could run very well. Look at UT when they played Nebraska back in the 90's, they killed us. Option football isn't a thing of the past if you win running it.

Oh....back to original question....Saban in the SEC, others like Carol I really don't know well enough, but Nick has done a remarkable job TWICE in this conference.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back