Best HC in the NCAA

Why is Bob Stoops not on this list?
the BCS games of late have people soured on him i guess. he should be on any list of top coaches.

mine, in no real order:

Caroll
Saban
Meyer
Stoops
Tressel
Beamer
Paterno
Brown

I don't buy that. We were in prevent mode and just searching for a way to lose that game.

Yeah, but we were pretty dang lucky to have a shot to win. I think we were just holding on for dear life at the end there.

But to agree with your point, there's no guarantee DeShawn Wynn wouldn't have gotten those first downs. He's a big dude and our run defense was horrible.

Yeah, but we were pretty dang lucky to have a shot to win. I think we were just holding on for dear life at the end there.

But to agree with your point, there's no guarantee DeShawn Wynn wouldn't have gotten those first downs. He's a big dude and our run defense was horrible.
we were very lucky. They outplayed us every which way from Sunday. Pretending that Tebow was the difference maker is absurd.

Had Cutcliffe not gone into a total shell late, Tebow's contributions wouldn't have mattered in the least.

Had Cutcliffe not gone into a total shell late, Tebow's contributions wouldn't have mattered in the least.

I'm not sure what else we could have done. Our OL looked like children. Ainge was practically getting intimate with that big DT that got thrown off the team a weak later and Hardesty was averaging about 0.00001 yards per carry. Meachem was quadruple covered on every play and the other receivers were pretty well covered, too.

But yeah, Tebow didn't win that game for them. Urban would have found a way. He had Tebow, so he used him. He'd have just done it a different way if Timmy weren't available.

I'm not sure what else we could have done. Our OL looked like children. Ainge was practically getting intimate with that big DT that got thrown off the team a weak later and Hardesty was averaging about 0.00001 yards per carry. Meachem was quadruple covered on every play and the other receivers were pretty well covered, too.

But yeah, Tebow didn't win that game for them. Urban would have found a way. He had Tebow, so he used him. He'd have just done it a different way if Timmy weren't available.
valid points. We weren't tearing it up, but it didn't help that we were at our most predictable for about 3 straight possessions.

I agree that we were going to find a way to lose and they were going to find a way to win.

i'll only say that i don't htink UF gets in to position to play for and win both an SEC and NT that year with Urban Meyer coaching a Tebow-less team in 06.

i do think they were better than us anyway, even w/out Tebow, and likely would have won the game anyway. their defense was very very good that year.

their defense is what did it in the end any way, but the ability for him to come in and keep drives alive, convert 3rd and 4th downs etc....was huge for an offense that was at least very iconsistent thru out the year. not to mention the special teams woes they had.

i'll only say that i don't htink UF gets in to position to play for and win both an SEC and NT that year with Urban Meyer coaching a Tebow-less team in 06.

I am struggling to think of a single post I've ever seen on here that is more true than this one, and I cannot.

But for Tebow, Florida has a 7-4 type of a year in 2006, at best. The guy just willed the team to win on one or two occassions and of course he opened up a whole new scheme for defensive coordinators to worry about as the season wore on. I can't remember a player that has so single-handedly converted a team from decent to pretty damn good.

Hands down SEC coaches
1. Saban
2. Meyer
I think Carroll has to be there somewhere. He turned a team from awful to exceptional in 2 years, and they haven't lost more than 2 since. They have also won 2 titles since he was there, played for another one, and other than Texas, USC has absolutely murdered everyone they have faced in big games.

I am struggling to think of a single post I've ever seen on here that is more true than this one, and I cannot.

But for Tebow, Florida has a 7-4 type of a year in 2006, at best. The guy just willed the team to win on one or two occassions and of course he opened up a whole new scheme for defensive coordinators to worry about as the season wore on. I can't remember a player that has so single-handedly converted a team from decent to pretty damn good.
he must have lost his will last year while they were losing 4 games.

He had other big plays in close games throughout the year, and not just conversions. They weren't games Florida couldn't have won without him, but I think they slip up one more time w/o Tebow..

He had other big plays in close games throughout the year, and not just conversions. They weren't games Florida couldn't have won without him, but I think they slip up one more time w/o Tebow..
it was their time. The flat lost the SCe game, with Tebow's heroics, and blocked a FG to save it.

He's not Jesus.

Funny how Florida turns into a four loss team once the strength (read: the defense) of that '06 team is depleted the following season while Tebow becomes even more of a fixture in the offense.

VN Store

Back