Best leaders of all time - political/world

1. Genghis Khan
2. Cyrus the Great

I have come across Cyrus in some readings. Actually have meant to find a book on him and read more. If I remember his sons made a mess after him.

GK seems more like a pick based on aggressive acquiring of land and people. Or am I wrong.

i also phrased the question too vaguely. The world is in an absolute mess right now and I see nothing but bottom of the barrel leadership everywhere. Who would be leaders of the past best fit to lead thru this?

I have come across Cyrus in some readings. Actually have meant to find a book on him and read more. If I remember his sons made a mess after him.

GK seems more like a pick based on aggressive acquiring of land and people. Or am I wrong.

i also phrased the question too vaguely. The world is in an absolute mess right now and I see nothing but bottom of the barrel leadership everywhere. Who would be leaders of the past best fit to lead thru this?

GK was a genius and way ahead of his time in more than military conquest. Read "Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World" it's fascinating, he's all too often thought of as a brutal dictator but he was far from it.

Kamala Harris ... :)
denver-broncos.gif

Ghenghis Khan is a good one. Maybe add Saladin or Tamerlane. In more recent times, Thomas Sankara, Vladimir Putin, Lee Kuan Yew, Muammar Gaddafi, and Saddam Hussein.

There is a difference in a leader that just handles a mess, vs one that works thru the mess.

Grany just handled the civil war. He did what was necessary to win. What he did was almost never the best, but he knew what was needed for victory and had the mindset to achieve it. No other union general did. Lee worked thru the mess, to the best of his ability. He bled Grant like a stuck pig, worse than he did other generals, but Grant didnt give him the room to work. So while Lee may have applied more skill and made better choices, sometimes you just need someone who gets the job done, no matter the cost.

Same question applies here. Do you want a "winner" who just gets the job done, or do you want someone who wins the right way? Someone who doesnt need to redefine society to save it.

Ghenghis Khan is a good one. Maybe add Saladin or Tamerlane. In more recent times, Thomas Sankara, Vladimir Putin, Lee Kuan Yew, Muammar Gaddafi, and Saddam Hussein.

Many of your leaders lead people that are mostly impoverished and lack freedom. I’m not sure what makes them great?

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back