Best streaming service

StuckInBamaVol

it’s that time of year where I pickup a YouTube TV subscription.

Any recommendations on if there is a better service?

Cloud DVR is a must

Youtube TV is the way to go imo. I’ve had them for years and they have never let me down. They have cloud DVR as well. If you want Bally Sports for Braves or Preds, you may need to look into Fubo or DirectTV Stream. I personally like Fubo, it’s a little more expensive but they offer a lot of sports channels. Feud with them and Venu right now, so a little uncertainty on the future of that service.

Back in the day...it was THIS...(for as long as needed) *you youngsters won't understand the effort/ingenuity that was needed

tumblr_mn0qf4C4uq1ruj667o1_500.gif

Youtube TV is the way to go imo. I’ve had them for years and they have never let me down. They have cloud DVR as well. If you want Bally Sports for Braves or Preds, you may need to look into Fubo or DirectTV Stream. I personally like Fubo, it’s a little more expensive but they offer a lot of sports channels. Feud with them and Venu right now, so a little uncertainty on the future of that service.

Wonder whats the deal with YouTube and Bally. Seems like Bally is on everything else. That's the one thing keeping me from switching to YouTube

The more fighting among the services, the cheaper it will be for customers. Just look at what cable and cell phone services does to customers when they're the only game in town. Especially rural areas.

Reactions: Hairy Vols
YTTV is the way to go IMO. I'm a huge fan of the 4-in-1 split screen for live games. Super intuitive and I love how the volume automatically switches to the game you select.. And it's super easy to toggle back and forth between full screen and split screen. Another bonus is the friends/family sharing plan. I share our subscription with 2 other households so I am effectively paying $27/month. Can't beat that value. There is a concurrent streaming device limit, but we rarely run into that issue. And when it kicks someone out due to exceeding the limit, we're typically able to log back in right away so it's just a minor disruption.

I know I sound like a salesman, haha. I promise I'm not getting paid. I've had Hulu and Sling previously, and I've also done free trials with others. No comparison to YTTV... My 2 cents.

YTYV isn't the cheapest way, but it is by a long shot the best and most reliable streaming service, and I've tried them all. Sling has a great price, but is a nightmare buffering-wise.
I've never had buffering issues with Sling. Been using it for years. It does have some weird sound quirks, a lot of junk channels, and the dvr can be flakey. So it does have issues. But which ones seem to vary from person to person a lot.

Wonder whats the deal with YouTube and Bally. Seems like Bally is on everything else. That's the one thing keeping me from switching to YouTube
It would raise their prices by at least $15.00 a month due to the regional sports channels. I think they would like to keep their “lower” price and value for what they do have.

Reactions: vols 30
I have hulu and its not bad.
The ESPN+ integration is nice, so I can watch FBS schools and such.
my only knock on Hulu is the delay. there was a 3-4 second delay in games last year. YTTV has been the best overall experience for me personally. Pricey but the best. Im renewing my subscription this week. I cancel it the day of TN last football game.

The only ones I don't have are Apple TV and Sling. I would rank them this way :

1) Fubo TV (Ultimate package)
2) Amazon Prime Video with NBA League Pass and MLB TV
3) YouTube TV with NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL Red Zone
4) Hulu Live TV Trio Bundle with ESPN + and Disney +
5) Max
6) Paramount + with Showtime
7) Netflix
8) Peacock

For sports fans .... Fubo TV just has to be the best.

I've been with YTTV fof about 3 years now. Works great for me.

Reactions: FBtime
I think it has been about 6-7 years I have had YTTV. Yeah, it is not as cheap as it once was, but I came from cable and then DirecTV, where I was paying close to $300/month once you include HBO and the extra boxes I had to have for each TV.

Switched over to YTTV and never looked back. I have smart TVs, so no need for additional boxes, and am paying about $97/month for YTTV + HBO Max. Yeah, I have all the other streaming channels (Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Peacock, Paramount + Showtime, Disney bundle, etc), but I'd have those either way, so they are net neutral.

YTTV has never given me any issues. If my internet goes down (very rarely) I just use my phone as a hotspot. Can't see myself ever going back to cable/satellite. I have been playing recently about moving to Fubo because of the sports, but not done it yet...may take a free trial sometime as 4K looks to be standard on Ultimate package.

I have hulu and its not bad.
The ESPN+ integration is nice, so I can watch FBS schools and such.
I pay a little extra for the extended bundle but it’s WAY cheaper than DirecTV or cable. Will blip in some games but nothing unforgivable.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Definitely YouTubeTV. During Braves season, I have YoutubeTV and UBO..Luckily I'll be able to cancel FUBO soon.

I’ve had Directv Stream for years and like it & have never had any issues. With smart tv’s (Roku or Fire) you don’t need a box and the dvr is cloud based. We run the app on our smart tvs in our camper when we’re on trips. We get Max for free with our internet and Hulu/Disney+/Espn+ free with our cell service.

I’ve had Directv Stream for years and like it & have never had any issues. With smart tv’s (Roku or Fire) you don’t need a box and the dvr is cloud based. We run the app on our smart tvs in our camper when we’re on trips. We get Max for free with our internet and Hulu/Disney+/Espn+ free with our cell service.
…your cell service? Please, share.

I’m getting deployed to another country for 9 months starting at the end of next month. Will my wife be able to watch a game at home at the same time I’m deployed with YouTubeTV?

VN Store

Back