Best streaming service

I was talking to a good friend of mine about streaking TN games the other day and it got me thinking. I think TN is missing out on a golden opportunity to make some serious money with streaming. Follow me here.

What is the university set up its own streaming subscription service? They could charge a monthly or yearly fee to get access to all the games. And to sweeten the deal, they could give access to their library of older games. Start out with football and if it’s successful do the same with basketball and baseball.

I would gladly pay for something like that. Especially if I could watch a lot of older games.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I was talking to a good friend of mine about streaking TN games the other day and it got me thinking. I think TN is missing out on a golden opportunity to make some serious money with streaming. Follow me here.

What is the university set up its own streaming subscription service? They could charge a monthly or yearly fee to get access to all the games. And to sweeten the deal, they could give access to their library of older games. Start out with football and if it’s successful do the same with basketball and baseball.

I would gladly pay for something like that. Especially if I could watch a lot of older games.
very cool of you keeping the tradition going! 💪🏽 🍊

Attachments

• IMG_6048.gif
    IMG_6048.gif
    690.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: malinoisvol
Another vote for Directv Stream. Works even better with an Osprey box. They no longer provide them from DirecTV but you can get them on ebay/amazon etc.

You mean......the Longhorn Network?

Also, I think you can find almost every single UT game on YouTube since Peyton was playing.

Reactions: crazyguy
You mean......the Longhorn Network?

Also, I think you can find almost every single UT game on YouTube since Peyton was playing.
Where can you find all the complete games since Peyton? What channels specifically? Also I am talking about going back further than that. Depending my in what kind of library the university has, maybe they have seasons with Conridge Holloway and Tony Robinson. Or the Andy Kelly era? Reggie White years.

I was just thinking it would be a cool idea if done right. Definitely something I would pay for.

I am a big fan of directv stream.
To me it’s much better than YTTV- and the real clincher for me- the whole reason I got it in the first place is the Braves.
But I watch a lot of YTTV at my mother’s when I’m over visiting (and I have her logged into my DirecTV app over there too so she can also watch Braves) - and I find DTV to be superior.

Not sure how many would be interested in streaking (just joking) but I've thought of the same thing. I would also include coverage of the Vol Walk, interviews from tailgaters and fans, etc.

On second thought maybe some coverage of streakers would increase subscribers.

I think this would be against the sec deal with espn. That deal funds basically the entire athletic department.

If you are getting primarily for UT football games, Hulu is the way to go simply because you get the free ESPN+ thing. You know very well those last two non-con games are gonna end up on the alternate channel, etc

Pretty much gives you every football game on ESPN and FOX properties which is about as far as you need to go. I bought a year Peacock membership for like $25 a couple of months ago for any B10 games on there I may want to watch.

In about 18 months, I have only had one real problem with them. I had a pre-existing Hulu account which I upgraded and they continued charging me the like $7 Hulu fee PLUS the included one with live TV for a month or two lol.

I think it has been about 6-7 years I have had YTTV. Yeah, it is not as cheap as it once was, but I came from cable and then DirecTV, where I was paying close to $300/month once you include HBO and the extra boxes I had to have for each TV.

Switched over to YTTV and never looked back. I have smart TVs, so no need for additional boxes, and am paying about $97/month for YTTV + HBO Max. Yeah, I have all the other streaming channels (Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Peacock, Paramount + Showtime, Disney bundle, etc), but I'd have those either way, so they are net neutral.

YTTV has never given me any issues. If my internet goes down (very rarely) I just use my phone as a hotspot. Can't see myself ever going back to cable/satellite. I have been playing recently about moving to Fubo because of the sports, but not done it yet...may take a free trial sometime as 4K looks to be standard on Ultimate package.
Yep we have YTTV and I can watch while riding in a car, waiting at an airport... anywhere there is a signal.

Where can you find all the complete games since Peyton? What channels specifically? Also I am talking about going back further than that. Depending my in what kind of library the university has, maybe they have seasons with Conridge Holloway and Tony Robinson. Or the Andy Kelly era? Reggie White years.

I was just thinking it would be a cool idea if done right. Definitely something I would pay for.

Larry Smith (@LWSVOL ) has a bunch of Vols games on YouTube. Hell Marshall- Tennessee from 2003 is on there. I do wish there was a more complete restored archive

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Can anyone tell me what channel the tn v chatt game is gonna be on. I found one place says ESPN another says SECN. I need to make some plans and I would like to know if anyone knows. Thanks!

the problem is they would need something in place to relieve them from copyright issues. I've had a dozen or more of the games I've uploaded to YouTube taken down due to copyright strikes. A song played during a football game can create a copyright strike.

I've no idea about the process to avoid that from happening.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

98% of the games from when Majors starting coaching are on my channel. Some are coaches shows or small film of games from the coaches archives. Some games were taken down by YouTube.

Can anyone tell me what channel the tn v chatt game is gonna be on. I found one place says ESPN another says SECN. I need to make some plans and I would like to know if anyone knows. Thanks!

Bookmark this link. Every game you can imagine will be listed as far as what TV network or if streamed.

I’ve had Directv Stream for years and like it & have never had any issues. With smart tv’s (Roku or Fire) you don’t need a box and the dvr is cloud based. We run the app on our smart tvs in our camper when we’re on trips. We get Max for free with our internet and Hulu/Disney+/Espn+ free with our cell service.
(Reuters) - Walt Disney Co is in talks with pay-TV provider DirecTV to renew a contract that could result in channels like ABC and ESPN being blacked out as early as Sept. 1 if an agreement between them is not reached, Bloomberg News reported on Monday.

Satellite television provider DirecTV is looking to ease contract terms that have traditionally required cable and satellite-TV distributors to charge customers for channels like ESPN, regardless of whether they watch it, Bloomberg News reported, citing people familiar with the discussions.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back