Best thing about a legacy class is...

wallsjm1

If we don't live up to the hype during this rebuilding year, the likelihood of them jumping ship on us is a whole lot less likely. I hope these kids are realistic. I'm not being a negavol I think we will show vast improvement on defense I just think our offense will be our struggle this year. Polar opposite of last season. Go vols!!

Our offense this year will be fine. Once that horn goes off for the season & the big uglies up front with foam in their mouth will bulldoze a path for the running backs. QBs will be good to go & wrs will run perfect routes to the endzone. We will whip they ass this year.

Reactions: 7 people
There is a winning mentality with both the present players, the 14 class, and CBJ and staff. This group of commits are exceptional in both talent and character. If we can't get excited and support what is happening now, we are the ones who have lost it, not the team.

Reactions: 3 people
If we don't live up to the hype during this rebuilding year, the likelihood of them jumping ship on us is a whole lot less likely. I hope these kids are realistic. I'm not being a negavol I think we will show vast improvement on defense I just think our offense will be our struggle this year. Polar opposite of last season. Go vols!!

NegaVol IMO

only NegaVols feel the need to state "I am not being a negavol"

Reactions: 5 people
ive been following recruiting since 07 on VN and i have never seen a group of commits join together and promote the program the way these kids are. the legacy class being in Jone's first year is the perfect storm.

Reactions: 6 people
Our offense this year will be fine. Once that horn goes off for the season & the big uglies up front with foam in their mouth will bulldoze a path for the running backs. QBs will be good to go & wrs will run perfect routes to the endzone. We will whip they ass this year.[/QU

Barkeep....I'll have whatever he is having.

Reactions: 1 person
Every game is important and the most important one is the next one. That said this season may well hinge on game at Oregon. Vols don't have to win but they have to have a chance to late in order for fans and players to buy what Butch is selling. As posted by others Oregon will not have superior athletes. UT has had similar recruiting classes over last 4 years. They have had the benefit of better coaching, softer schedule and they will come in more confident. Vols need to leave Eugene with a win or confidence that had a couple of plays gone their way they would have won. Not looking for morale victories but you can't come back home with your tail between your legs and expect to compete in SEC. I have predicted a win on prior post. This is most winnable big road game on the schedule. Go get us one Butch!

Our offense this year will be fine. Once that horn goes off for the season & the big uglies up front with foam in their mouth will bulldoze a path for the running backs. QBs will be good to go & wrs will run perfect routes to the endzone. We will whip they ass this year.

The teams with all the orange for the vols will make it a sure bet they'll be comeing at them with all the tools of the quarterbacks with the offenses and defenses, they'res no reason they don't champienshep

Just a counter point to your "I told you so" thread...all these young men committed before the season started...that means they know what is coming this season..they probably would not have committed if Dooley was still coach....they are looking to the future and not just this season... Put your money where your mouth is and get on the band wagon...this season may not be championship level but you start on the the bottom step when climbing to the top... negavol maybe not but you have no faith or hope which is just a bad just saying

The teams with all the orange for the vols will make it a sure bet they'll be comeing at them with all the tools of the quarterbacks with the offenses and defenses, they'res no reason they don't champienshep

Ouch

I just started the "Brick by Brick" thread before seeing this one. Sorry...

I think it actually has as much to do with the BBB campaign as it does the legacies. In that campaign, he has basically told the recruits:

"Hey, we're behind the 8 ball on talent and it's up to you to come in here and be a huge part of the rebuild."

If we struggle, it just reinforces what's already sold them on the rebuild. If we don't struggle, they see they're a step ahead in the rebuild.

It basically cuts out the Von Bell syndrome. It weeds out the "I want to sign on with a proven winner" recruits, and locks in the "I want to build a winner" recruits.

Win/Win as far as the recruiting class goes.

jmho

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back