best vols player

vols2345

Volnation's resident sunshine pumper
who do you got as being the best volunteer ever. i dont want you to count there pro career just college. im split between heath shuler and travis henry.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 19, 2005 7:03 PM
who do you got as being the best volunteer ever. i dont want you to count there pro career just college. im split between heath shuler and travis henry.

I'd have to go with Travis Henry... definitely, Shuler left too early

Originally posted by nationalchamps2006UT+Jan 19, 2005 7:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nationalchamps2006UT @ Jan 19, 2005 7:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Jan 19, 2005 7:03 PM
who do you got as being the best volunteer ever.  i dont want you to count there pro career just college.  im split between heath shuler and travis henry.

I&#39;d have to go with Travis Henry... definitely, Shuler left too early [/quote]
and without travis henry the running game would&#39;ve suffered a tonnn

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 19, 2005 7:15 PM
so is he the best vol ever?

if you count pros.. then well... MANNING... but he very well could be, but you have to look at the supporting cast on both and judge

Originally posted by nationalchamps2006UT+Jan 19, 2005 7:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nationalchamps2006UT @ Jan 19, 2005 7:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Jan 19, 2005 7:15 PM
so is he the best vol ever?

if you count pros.. then well... MANNING... but he very well could be, but you have to look at the supporting cast on both and judge [/quote]
They may be some of the best athletes ever, but other players that werent as good may have made a larger impact... peerless price was incredible the year they won it, but he&#39;s not considered one of the best ever

i wanted to say him but if i said al wilson i thought everyone would throw out reggie white.

well think real hard. i pick henry. he is the first vol i ever watched in the pros. (dont watch alot of pros iunless its the titans.)

I&#39;m still going to say Peyton Manning. There will never be another like him in college or in the NFL. Could have left his junior year and still been a top 5 draft pick.Rewrote the school and SEC passing records. Gave his all for the Big Orange every game, and led by example. Others followed that lead and we won the national title the next year.

I think as years pass by, we&#39;ll be looking back and view UT football in 2 segments, before Peyton, and after Peyton.

I would pick Manning, but he NEVER beat Florida. Tee Martin came in the next year and beat them 1st try.

SO I am going to pick Reggie White.

good choice. my fav. to watch was always henry. so ill stay with him. doug atkins was good though.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 3:02 PM
doug atkins was good though.

He&#39;s considered by many to be the greatest defensive end in football history... not just Vol history.

The Vols were 29-3-1 and were crowned national champions in 1951. The Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship in 1954. The Chicago Bears won the NFL Championship in 1963. He made 9 pro bowl appearances. He is the only Tennessee player to ever be voted into both the College Football Hall of Fame and the Professional Football Hall of Fame.

He was the only player voted unanimously to the All-SEC Quarter Century Team and was awarded the SEC Player of the Quarter Century (1950-74). He was also selected to the all-time SEC Team (1933-1982).

i like the stats. but he wont be the only ut player to be in both hall of fames in about 2 or 3 yrs? forgot when reggie white retired.

"He&#39;s considered by many to be the greatest defensive end in football history" was a quote from the 2004 UT press guide.

Originally posted by allvol@Jan 20, 2005 4:37 PM
"He&#39;s considered by many to be the greatest defensive end in football history" was a quote from the 2004 UT press guide.

reggie white was incredible.. my dad&#39;s played basketball against him... and apparently he was one of the best athletes he&#39;d ever seen.. so you definitely can&#39;t count him out

he has the record for having more scks then games played. it kind of makes me sick that bruce smith stayed 3 years longer than he was productive to try and get 5 sacks to pass white.

he played DE but it ain&#39;t Reggie White. #91, Doug Atkins. First player to be in BOTH Halls of Fame pro and college. Man playing with boys.

Attachments

• atkins_action.jpg
    atkins_action.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1
Records don&#39;t mean everything, David Greene just broke Peyton&#39;s most wins record. I doubt anyone will remember who he is in five years

VN Store

Back