best vols player

you would rather have doug atkins then reggie white in a ut uniform? ahhh i would be a hard descion. i will go wiht the revren

George Halas didn't even make him practice if he did not want to. I think Papa Bear knew some football. Voted the BEST player in the first 50 years of the SEC, unanimously. I rest my case.

Attachments

• atkins_action.jpg
    atkins_action.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1
allvol your post on Doug Atkins is great, correct and without arguement. He was in a league of his own in both leagues. No peers.

Attachments

• atkins_action.jpg
    atkins_action.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1
Doug Atkins

Reggie White is a distant 2nd as a player to Atkins. How good was he? He would dominate even today.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Jan 20, 2005 6:25 PM
He was in a league of his own in both leagues. No peers.

post-1-1106263519.jpg

To be voted unanimous to anything is an achievement... but to be voted THE BEST unanimously is unheard of. Think of all the great players that played in the SEC from 1950-74. Doug Atkins was considered better than ALL of them. Better than fellow hall-of-famers Jack Youngblood (Florida), Archie Manning (Ole Miss), Babe Parilli (Kentucky), Steve Spurrier (Florida), Pat Sullivan (Auburn), Fran Tarkenton (Georgia), Lee Roy Jordan (Alabama), Johnny Majors (Tennessee), Johnny Musso (Alabama), Frank Emanuel (Tennessee), DD Lewis (Miss State), Hank Lauricella (Tennessee), John Hannah (Alabama), Steve Kiner (Tennessee), Tommy Casanova (LSU), Ozzie Newsome (Alabama), just to name a few.

VN Store

Back