Best way to watch vols football?

Hydro556

I used to have direct TV and was able to catch most games.

I recently killed that and all we have now is paramount plus.

I'm trying to figure out what the cheapest method will be for me to get to see the vols games on ESPN, SECN as well as network TV.

Anyone know an all in one solution I can purchase for the season? Ty.

Reactions: Behr
I used to have direct TV and was able to catch most games.

I recently killed that and all we have now is paramount plus.

I'm trying to figure out what the cheapest method will be for me to get to see the vols games on ESPN, SECN as well as network TV.

Anyone know an all in one solution I can purchase for the season? Ty.
Your question is why many, who really would prefer to experience the Vols at Neyland live, will start staying home. I'm one of them, to my dismay. When added up the gas, hotel, tickets, meals etc., you might as well make a down payment on a new car, or hasten paying off your mortgage. Sports events are on the way to pricing themselves out of the fan-money market. Same thing with streaming services. They're driving people to finding alternative ways to watch sports. Which opens the doors to clever DIY'ers who circumvent blockages, angry dark webbers who provide clandestine access, etc.

I suspect this is spreading to other media. Cases in point, When the 2012 Avengers movie came out, my insomnia kept me awake watching Netflix. Lo, and behold, the Avengers movie showed up. For two nights, then vanished. Very recently, the newly released Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, and I think Alien Romulus showed up on Youtube (I'm not a subscriber) and either Tubi or the ROKU channel as free views. Alien disappeared after about 15 minutes. I guess someone threw a switch somewhere. In all cases I mention, they showed up very late in the night, past midnight, actually. Point? Greed may well spell the streamers' doom if they price reach far enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Was hoping there would be something cheaper than 70 a month. I literally will only watch the vols games.

If you don't want to be in $60-70 range, sling is probably your best bet.
Was gonna say sling. I haven't used it in a while, but it was the cheapest. Only downside when we did it, you could only watch on one TV.

Can’t you get them on regular YouTube?
Actually, there are live links for almost every game. I didn't know thst until last year. Our work blocks stuff like YouTube tv, hulu, etc, but not regular YouTube. I was fussing about missing a game, and a coworker pulled it up live on YouTube. I watched games every weekend i worked.

Hulu + Live TV!

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I tried Hulu + Live TV and they have everything we wanted - including two deal-breakers we didn't. The first one is unacceptable. If you intend to record any games, Hulu does not allow you to extend the recording time - you have to track down your recording in the guide and then record whatever comes after. That might be OK if you were only ever going to record UT games - I guess you could handle that. But that is a real problem if you set something in a recording manager to always record. Unless you monitor it all the time you would never know that you had a recording coming up and it might go over. If it did, you would miss the end. That has been a common feature on DVRs for decades, and a glaring and unacceptable omission. In addition, they do not stream their TV broadcasts in surround sound. That might not be a big deal for some, but it is for me.

Reactions: FBtime
Was hoping there would be something cheaper than 70 a month. I literally will only watch the vols games.
i get this, Usually i only pay it during football season. Once the vols have their last game i cancel it until the following season. So, what 420$ will get you all the vols games in wonderful quality plus all the other games. I dont think thats too steep a price to pay.

Reactions: WillisWG
You can just use an antenna for the abc games. If you time it right you might can do free trials for some of the others. I think YouTube tv does a 3 week free trial and I can only imagine the others do something similar.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Here’s how I watch the Vols play.

Always alone. So I can curse all I want to.
Wearing my lucky Orange underwear 🩲 (the same ones I wore when we beat BAMA in 2022 and that haven’t been washed since then- which is another reason I watch the Vols play alone in my mancave.)
In my big arse recliner with a table full of drinks and snacks next to me.
On my big arse high def tv with the sound turned up loud (but with the remote next to me so I can mute the stupid arse announcers when they talk bad about the Vols or about how great Klubniks stupid arse parents are up in the stands.)
With VolNation on my IPad so that I can join the game thread to type BOOM when we score and to type
FIRE MARTINEZ when the enemy scores.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I tried Hulu + Live TV and they have everything we wanted - including two deal-breakers we didn't. The first one is unacceptable. If you intend to record any games, Hulu does not allow you to extend the recording time - you have to track down your recording in the guide and then record whatever comes after. That might be OK if you were only ever going to record UT games - I guess you could handle that. But that is a real problem if you set something in a recording manager to always record. Unless you monitor it all the time you would never know that you had a recording coming up and it might go over. If it did, you would miss the end. That has been a common feature on DVRs for decades, and a glaring and unacceptable omission. In addition, they do not stream their TV broadcasts in surround sound. That might not be a big deal for some, but it is for me.
No need to record games anymore. Can rewatch anytime on YouTube thanks to Freak.

YouTube TV for last 4 years and have been very happy with it. Has every channel we want. I DO have an ESPN+ sub for that one game a year that's on there.

VN Store

Back