Best/Worst Games

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
What's the best and worst game you have ever went to as a vol fan. For me it would be: Best- 2004 Florida-UT game. Wilhoit kicks game0winning field goal to drown the gators. Wost- 2002 UT-Florida game. Game didn't live up to expecations. Plus it poured the rain. The downpour was so heavy even the people under cover got wet.

I've been to a lot of great games, but the worst one that I ever attended is an easy choice . . . . 1990 Alabama game - Crappiest offensive game I've ever seen. I think there was about 300 yards of total offense between the two teams. It was tied 6-6 and we attempted a 53 yd field goal with about a minute to go. It was blocked and hit that old artificial surface and squirted backwards about 30 yards. 2 plays later, Bama hit a 50 yard FG to win the game.

Best Game- 2001 Florida Game where Tennessee DRAINED THE SWAMP. Second favorite was 51-43 5 OT win in Tuscaloosa in 2003.

Worst Game- Man....hard to say. I guess it is the 2001 Georgia Game in Neyland 26-24. I had bought tickets that ended up being in the UGA section. It was a long game, and when we thought we won with :45, we let the Dawgs know how much we didn't appreciate it. About :40 later, they let us have it right back. Second would be 2003 in Neyland 41-14 to the Dawgs.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 14, 2005 11:08 PM
Best Game- 2001 Florida Game where Tennessee DRAINED THE SWAMP.  Second favorite was 51-43 5 OT win in Tuscaloosa in 2003.

Worst Game- Man....hard to say.  I guess it is the 2001 Georgia Game in Neyland 26-24. I had bought tickets that ended up being in the UGA section.  It was a long game, and when we thought we won with :45, we let the Dawgs know how much we didn't appreciate it.  About :40 later, they let us have it right back.  Second would be 2003 in Neyland 41-14 to the Dawgs.
[snapback]93852[/snapback]​

Beltway, that 2001 UGA game still hurts me to think about. It was such a great run by Travis and then to lose that way. That loss didn't really hurt our season though since we still should have been in the Rose Bowl if not for LSU. Come to think of it, that was really a season of highs and lows.

I know it wasn't one of the worst losses for the program in Vol history, but it felt like it was.

When those Dawg players started hopping on the T, I just knew we were gonna be on the wrong end of a fight. We were not in the right area of the stadium. It was uncomfortable enough that while we recovered from the shock of the loss, we moved over a few sections to get away from the partying Dawgs.

Actually, remembering that SEC CG, I watched it from a sports bar on Cumberland where Liquid Knoxville is now. (Jocks and Jills maybe??) Anyway, there was a girl there that was "celebrating" her birthday, and she cried after the loss. I tried my best to "comfort" her by buying her a few drinks when they turned the bar into a dance club after the game. :) Got a kiss or two for my efforts.

I also got interviewed by Russo and put on TV.

You're right, that was a hell of a year for emotions.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 14, 2005 11:27 PM
Actually, remembering that SEC CG, I watched it from a sports bar on Cumberland where Liquid Knoxville is now.  (Jocks and Jills maybe??)  Anyway, there was a girl there that was "celebrating" her birthday, and she cried after the loss.  I tried my best to "comfort" her by buying her a few drinks when they turned the bar into a dance club after the game.  :)  Got a kiss or two for my efforts.

I also got interviewed by Russo and put on TV. 

You're right, that was a hell of a year for emotions.
[snapback]93865[/snapback]​

Sounds like a wild night. I went to that game in Atlanta and I came back to the hotel and went to bed I was so disgusted.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 14, 2005 11:43 PM
Sounds like a wild night. I went to that game in Atlanta and I came back to the hotel and went to bed I was so disgusted.
[snapback]93873[/snapback]​

They didn't have HOT DOGS at that game either??

:laugh1:

Best I've attended: 2004 vs the Gators. Talk about emotion -- and my best friend was there to celebrate with me.

Worst: hmmm. . .all the losses? The '94? Florida game where it rained like hell and we went down 21-0 in about 3 minutes. Last year's ND loss, where a particular injury to a particular QB stands out. The '02 Florida game (again, raining like piss out of a boot).

Worst "win:" 2000 vs. Memphis in Memphis. . . .what a crappy day and a completely lackluster performance against a team we should have killed.

Best - Notre Dame 1991 close 2nd would be Alabama 1982(my first Bama game in person).
Worst - Alabama 1990 close 2nd Washington St. 1988.

Another really crappy game that I was at was against Georgia in 2002. That was the game where Clausen was hurt and we had to play CJ Leak and James Banks at QB and it was also the game where Kelley Washington went down. The game was a heck of a lot closer than it ever should have been, 18-13.

Best game I've been to is either the 98 game v. Florida or the 98 gave v. Arkansas. Worst one is the 01 Georgia game or the 00 Florida game. Both of those still sting a little.

Worst game for me in the last few years would be the 2001 UGA/UT game.

We had it won

Actually, the worst VOL game I ever seen was the first game in 1986. We played Utah (I think it was Utah) and we won.

BUT, we were coming off that huge win over Miami in the sugar bowl, we had 18 of 22 starters returning on what was supposed to be a huge season for the Vols. Our defense stunk up the joint by allowing the Utes to stay in the game until midway through the 3rd quarter. We couldnt stop their option worth a darn.

Best game, Win over Vandy in 1985. We were all waiting for the clock to hit 00:00 so the party could begin.

Any loss and im upset for the entire week! But i have never been to a vols game we have lost''' Lucky i guess? I had a ticket from a friend for the 04' Aub game, but gave it back to hang with my daughter and watch it w/friends. WoW im glad i didnt go!

This years KY game had me sweating bullets in the cold and rain.

BEST win: 04 Fla and any of the Bamma's

LOSS: i havent had the misfortune yet to attend one, but when was it? 95' 96? to memphis ouch! I still get teased about that one

Best game- '85 when we beat Auburn. I was selling Cokes at the games that year. Also Florida in '98 (of course).

Worst Game- '94 Florida. I had the best seats I ever got as a student and I had to watch us get shutout.

The '00 Florida and the '01 UGA games stand out too. Since I moved to Arizona, I would choose one game every year to go home and watch. Those were the two I chose! I traveled over 2000 miles to watch us lose on the last play of the game, TWICE! :banghead:

I'm with her --

not sure if it took me a week to get over it though but it definately took me a while to dry out!!! :withstupid:

Best game '98 vs. Arkansas(also 2002 6-ot game w/arkansas)

Worst game 2001 vs. Georgia

Worst game for me in the last few years would be the 2001 UGA/UT game.

We had it won

Sorry guys but that was a great game. No matter who won (glad it was us) that was just a freakin awesome game. Anyway

Best game for me 2002 UGA\AU what a miracle. I was at home watching the game for myself. You guys would have laughed your a$$es off if you would have seen me running around the house screaming like a lunatic. LOL still funny when I think about it

Worst game= Last year UGA\GT raining and cold and it was my wifes first UGA game. She had to spend the entire first half in the breeze way because it was 39 degrees and raining. Plus the DAWGS put on a horrible display of football. We won but the game just plain out sucked.

Originally posted by Fadeproof@May 16, 2005 1:17 PM
Sorry guys but that was a great game. No matter who won (glad it was us) that was just a freakin awesome game. Anyway

Agreed . . . I thought that the screen pass that we scored on was one of the best play calls I had ever seen . . . until you guys slipped that fullback through the line and hit him all alone in the end zone.

You guys were so much more fun in the 90's. :D

Worst Game - tie b/t 1993 and 2002 Bama Games. The 1993 hurt so much because we had it won and we hadnt beaten bama in 8 years. We ended up tied and it felt like a loss. The 2002 was just bad because it was Bama and we were injured all over and we played like crap. I was at the 2001 UGA game, but it was a great game.

Best Game - Tie 1995 Bama and 2004 UGA

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 16, 2005 12:29 AM
The 2002 Florida game was a killer. It took me a solid week to get over that game.
[snapback]94545[/snapback]​

:neener:

good UT games ive watched....that bama game that went on forever..last years uf game was a good game, even though we got screwed and i didnt like the result :yuck: , i think i saw a UGA game a couple years ago that was pretty entertaining aswell

sloppy games...the 02 game for you guys was sad, you crumbled under the rain, it was great :p , last years auburn game, you guys looked like you didnt know what to do

VN Store

Back