Best/Worst Games

good UT games ive watched....that bama game that went on forever..last years uf game was a good game, even though we got screwed and i didnt like the result
--------------------
You got screwed huh? Kinda like when Gaffney "caught" the TD pass.

Originally posted by utvolpj@May 16, 2005 4:05 PM
good UT games ive watched....that bama game that went on forever..last years uf game was a good game, even though we got screwed and i didnt like the result
--------------------
You got screwed huh?  Kinda like when Gaffney "caught" the TD pass.
[snapback]94725[/snapback]​

Gaffney-judgement call
Last year- even the head SEC officials admitted they screwed up

;)

Both calls sucked . . . just proof that bad calls usually even out.

Worst- UF 1995. Ut takes the lead before halftime. Right after the score, we played "Rocky Top" and the Drum Major would point out the direction for bell fronts (left for the home fans or right for the gators) UF being the great hosts that they were put the band in FRONT of the UF student section. So Jim "where's my meal money" Sparks points for us to point 180 degrees. Thank God I was right behind the Tubas, so their large bells could shield all the debris (mainly half-filled gatorade bottles) I can still hear them clanging off the horns. Any way, we faded badly in the second half.

Best- Bama 1994. My roommate Mark tells me to get ready to play. Before the first play (we always predicted how many plays till we scored a TD) he said one and it's all over from here. As soon as Kent got that ball, I knew the streak was over. Side note, one of our former trombonist buddies got arrested on the field trying to get to the goalpost. At least he wasn't beaten as soundly as that big guy that smacked around by five or six cops. :spank:

Originally posted by 9296potsguy@May 16, 2005 3:30 PM
Worst- UF 1995.  Ut takes the lead before halftime.  Right after the score, we played "Rocky Top" and the Drum Major would point out the direction for bell fronts (left for the home fans or right for the gators)  UF being the great hosts that they were put the band in FRONT of the UF student section.  So Jim "where's my meal money" Sparks points for us to point 180 degrees.  Thank God I was right behind the Tubas, so their large bells could shield all the debris (mainly half-filled gatorade bottles) I can still hear them clanging off the horns.  Any way, we faded badly in the second half. 

Best- Bama 1994.  My roommate Mark tells me to get ready to play.  Before the first play (we always predicted how many plays till we scored a TD) he said one and it's all over from here.  As soon as Kent got that ball, I knew the streak was over.  Side note, one of our former trombonist buddies got arrested on the field trying to get to the goalpost.  At least he wasn't beaten as soundly as that big guy that smacked around by five or six cops.  :spank:
[snapback]94734[/snapback]​

You mean Bama 1995. We lost the 1994 game on the last possesion. There was slant pass to Kent that was on the money but Michael Rogers, #52, got a tiny finger on it. Other wise, we win.

VN Store

Back