Biden chooses Merrick Garland for Attny General

NorthDallas40

Displaced Hillbilly
Interesting choice. While he’s an excellent judge does his circuit court experience really play well into this role? It’s a political appointment and requires a political savvy person. Does Garland have that?

Interesting choice. While he’s an excellent judge does his circuit court experience really play well into this role? It’s a political appointment and requires a political savvy person. Does Garland have that?

Does it matter?

But on the surface he could have done much worse. Holder and Lynch were probably the 2 worst AGs we've seen in 50 some years. Worse than Reno.

Does it matter?

But on the surface he could have done much worse. Holder and Lynch were probably the 2 worst AGs we've seen in 50 some years. Worse than Reno.
Look I’m not dissing Garland he’s an excellent judge and he got shafted he should at least have gotten an up/down vote.

But you bring up a good point. After the last two Dem AGs it’s hard to do worse. He’s at least intelligent enough to figure it out. I just wonder why he’d want to become a DC political animal.

You should be happy. Garland's an olive branch. He could have gone with Doug Jones, Sally Yates, or that BOSS from Georgia, Stacey Abrams.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You should be happy. Garland's an olive branch. He could have gone with Doug Jones, Sally Yates, or that BOSS from Georgia, Stacey Abrams.
I’m not unhappy. I’m questioning why Garland would want to step down into the DC pig sty

Oh and it would have been classic comedy to appoint Abrams but I’d guess he’s saving her for Breyer’s SCOTUS seat 😂

Reactions: StarRaider

Actually, I think it would be better if we started having some AGs who were less political and more basically competent. Not saying it can be completely apolitical, but certainly with Barr (and I get your thinking on Holder) we saw an AG who weaponized the DOJ for purely political purposes quite frequently.

Does it matter?

You watch your mouth.
tenor.gif

I’m not unhappy. I’m questioning why Garland would want to step down into the DC pig sty

Oh and it would have been classic comedy to appoint Abrams but I’d guess he’s saving her for Breyer’s SCOTUS seat 😂
Abrams is an morbidly obese diabetic political third wheel that just won't go away.

I’m fine with Garland as AG. If somebody mentioned earlier, he’s definitely an upgrade over the two attorney generals under Obama

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

He’s a disaster. Glad we dodged a bullet on the Supreme Court.

Reactions: C-south
Actually, I think it would be better if we started having some AGs who were less political and more basically competent. Not saying it can be completely apolitical, but certainly with Barr (and I get your thinking on Holder) we saw an AG who weaponized the DOJ for purely political purposes quite frequently.
LOL

How about all offices being less political, like say, the last president

VN Store

Back