Biden chooses Merrick Garland for Attny General

Initially he seemed like a so so pick but after he’s had the chance to talk a bit you realize he’s just a pawn. Another dim activist.
This is funny. Because I swear there was another thread where the Dems were complaining about him, and the Rs praising him within the last week. My how the turn tables have turned.

This is funny. Because I swear there was another thread where the Dems were complaining about him, and the Rs praising him within the last week. My how the turn tables have turned.

We were always at war with Eurasia.

He has to toe the line with the admins policy. The fact is he is largely maintaining the same policy as his predecessor.

Like it or not the AG office is a political appointee because well he is appointed by and reports to a politician. It’s how he threads the needle of being impartial in applying the law while appeasing his political lord that defines the job. And that gets back to the question I asked at his appointment. He was a pretty damn solid judge. He definitely knows the law. But I don’t think he’s got his sea legs under him yet on threading the political needle. I still think we could have done a lot worse.

Initially he seemed like a so so pick but after he’s had the chance to talk a bit you realize he’s just a pawn. Another dim activist.
One of the most ignorant comments I've ever read on this forum. I don't like him either... but to accuse him of being a Democratic Party activist just makes you look like a fool. The DOJ under Garland has been indistinguishable from the DOJ under Barr. I will agree with you that Garland sucks... but get your facts straight as to why he sucks.

Last edited:
One of the most ignorant comments I've ever read on this forum. I don't like him either... but to accuse him of being a Democratic Party activist just makes you look like a fool. The DOJ under Garland has been indistinguishable from the DOJ under Barr. I will agree with you that Garland sucks... but get your facts straight as to why he sucks.

Maybe you should do a poll. 🤣

I agree with the first, but I would like to hear how you believe its indistinguishable? The biggest complaint I have seen on Barr was that he wanted the full Mueller report. The horror.

I’m glad you agree the Barr DOJ was as impartial as the current DOJ is. Progress!

VN Store

Back