Big Hits

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
this board has been pretty dead today so whats ur favorite big hit that a vol has laid on some of the opposition? anyone remember when eddie moore laid out that florida reciever in the 01' game?

Hefney put some big hits on people last year. Allen speared someone last year, but I can't remember who or what game. I do remember the hit that Gaither put on Vandy's QB though.

Raynoch Thompson hit a Vandy back so hard in '98 that I thought he had cut the guy in half!!! :bow:

Originally posted by VOL_AHOLIC@May 10, 2005 2:35 PM
dale carter laid some fools out back in the day...

Youre right, Dale was a headhunter!! :banghead:

I was at the GA/TN game when Hershel Walker put the hit on Bill Bates on his way to the end zone...what a nightmare game that was...It was like a cartoon where Bates got flattened by a steamroller...it was uuuuuuuugggly!

I don't remember which year it was but I think it was agains UGA or UF. jamal Lewis brike one for about 40 yards + a TD. on his way he met up wit the frees safety and I remember the announcers quote like it was yesterday..."he's coming up on one of the best open fiel tacklers in the country"...lewis lowered his shoulder and absolutley leveled the guy- knocked him about 4 feet....it was great. :rocks:

its been a long time back....but in the 80's a defensive back for the Vols named (Mays) hit an airborne reciever so hard it broke his thigh bone. The hit looked like a ronnie lott high light spot!

Eddie Moore put a lick on Kelvin Kight of Florida in the 2001 game that was one I will never forget.

Originally posted by man in k town@May 10, 2005 1:43 PM
i cant remember exactly who UGA was playing, but that hit on fred gibson was pretty huge this past season.

That was Auburn, but I don't believe it was Gibson who took the hit.

Bill Duff taking Eddie George down on the goalline in the Citrus Bowl. What a thing of beauty!

1998 Georgia game - Al Wilson hit Quincy Carter over and over again and made Carter wish he was a cheerleader.

I dont remember who it was..But someone from Tennessee..knocked the crap out of some Wyoming player..it was a couple years ago.

1999 Fiesta Bowl - Punter David Leaverton hits and makes a solo form tackle on FSU return man Peter Warwick in the open field.

a pretty recent one-

cc.utky.jpg

does anyone remember that dirty hit some florida LB delivered on tee martin in '98? that was a nasty looking hit

Originally posted by GAVol@May 10, 2005 4:58 PM
1999 Fiesta Bowl - Punter David Leaverton hits and makes a solo form tackle on FSU return man Peter Warwick in the open field.

:dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

Anybody remember a guy by the name of Torri Noel? He layed some pretty heavy hits on bama in a few games.

Oh yea....the gibril wilson hit i remember!! I had the pay per view on and the radio...You could hear the hit on the radio!! My last yr's favorite was Gaither tattoo'ing Jay Cutler...with the finger point...cost us a unsportsman like. But Ouchh.

As of other years? Always Al Wilson, L Little could make quite a list...

Anyone see the interview a yr or so back with Jamal Lewis? it was when he was closing in on the yrd's record NFL. He had quit lifting because he was gaining to much muscle. And had started a boxing and power conditioning program like 8 hrs per-day.

VN Store

Back