Big Hits

Witten in the Arkansas game not too long ago...Can't remember what year it was but man he decked some guy....IT was HARD hit too.....Very hard

I remember 4 huge hits in a row....98 Auburn game, Auburn recovers a fumble at the UT 1 yard line. 4 huge hits later, they have the ball back and Auburn has 0 points to show for it.

Originally posted by JSB2277@May 10, 2005 7:08 PM
does anyone remember that dirty hit some florida LB delivered on tee martin in '98? that was a nasty looking hit

I was thinking that was Alex Brown, the DE on Tee.

As for the Wilson hit from the UK game, that was the first time that I saw a helmet actually get broken because of a hit. The facemask on the UK player was bent all to hell.

I dunno if it was the game someone else was referencing, but Travis Stephens ran smack over a Florida defender in the swamp on the way to the 34-32 win in Spurrier's last home game as a Gator.

That was also the hit on Kight by Moore. It was NASTY to be there live to see it.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 10, 2005 9:17 PM

As for the Wilson hit from the UK game, that was the first time that I saw a helmet actually get broken because of a hit. The facemask on the UK player was bent all to hell.

I can remember a story from fall practice, just before the 98 season started, Al Wilson broke a blocking sled. It was only the second sled broken, according to that companys spokesman, in their history. They gave UT a new one.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 10, 2005 4:58 PM
1999 Fiesta Bowl - Punter David Leaverton hits and makes a solo form tackle on FSU return man Peter Warwick in the open field.

too slow to take the fake, makes you look great when they guess wrong.

Originally posted by JSB2277@May 10, 2005 7:08 PM
does anyone remember that dirty hit some florida LB delivered on tee martin in '98? that was a nasty looking hit

sack.gif

I have a whole bunch of vid clips of big hits, but as I'm scouring through my clips, I can't find any UT hits.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg+May 11, 2005 4:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GoVolsDogg @ May 11, 2005 4:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JSB2277@May 10, 2005 7:08 PM
does anyone remember that dirty hit some florida LB delivered on tee martin in &#39;98? that was a nasty looking hit

sack.gif
[/quote]
that isnt a lb.

it is defensive end alex brown. he complety destroyed us that game. that was in 99 though.

he did nothing in the pros.

bro you are killing me with those. I think the idea of the thread was big hits we have delivered. :D

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly+May 11, 2005 7:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (checkerboard_charly @ May 11, 2005 7:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@May 11, 2005 4:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JSB2277
@May 10, 2005 7:08 PM
does anyone remember that dirty hit some florida LB delivered on tee martin in &#39;98? that was a nasty looking hit

sack.gif

that isnt a lb.

it is defensive end alex brown. he complety destroyed us that game. that was in 99 though.

he did nothing in the pros. [/quote]
Wait until this season. As much as I hate to see it, I expect him to have a big year for Chicago.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol+May 10, 2005 9:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BeltwayVol @ May 10, 2005 9:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JSB2277@May 10, 2005 7:08 PM

I dunno if it was the game someone else was referencing, but Travis Stephens ran smack over a Florida defender in the swamp on the way to the 34-32 win in Spurrier&#39;s last home game as a Gator.

That was also the hit on Kight by Moore. It was NASTY to be there live to see it. [/quote]
It wasn&#39; t the hit on Tee that was the problem. Alex Brown Hit him out of bounds and slammed Teen Face first into the bench. Tee&#39;s mouth was bleeding the entire game. I don&#39;t remember whether we won that game or not. But remember wishing I could go out on the field with a baseball bat and a shotgun. The Florida fans errupted on a Flagrant Penalty intended to take Tee out of the game.

:machinegun:

Originally posted by shodges119+May 12, 2005 10:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shodges119 &#064; May 12, 2005 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 10, 2005 9:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JSB2277
@May 10, 2005 7:08 PM

I dunno if it was the game someone else was referencing, but Travis Stephens ran smack over a Florida defender in the swamp on the way to the 34-32 win in Spurrier&#39;s last home game as a Gator.

That was also the hit on Kight by Moore. It was NASTY to be there live to see it.

It wasn&#39; t the hit on Tee that was the problem. Alex Brown Hit him out of bounds and slammed Teen Face first into the bench. Tee&#39;s mouth was bleeding the entire game. I don&#39;t remember whether we won that game or not. But remember wishing I could go out on the field with a baseball bat and a shotgun. The Florida fans errupted on a Flagrant Penalty intended to take Tee out of the game.

:machinegun: [/quote]
Alex Brown picked up on some body language of one of our linemen in that game. I remember talking with a guy on another board about it shortly after the game. If you recall, he was in our backfield all night. I kept thinking, how is he getting off the ball exactly on snap every play? Come to find out one of our linemen was giving away the snap count with his hand or fist movement.

After that game, he didn&#39;t have another game like that. It was pretty clever of him to pick up on it though.

Originally posted by duckman398686@May 10, 2005 12:50 PM
this board has been pretty dead today so whats ur favorite big hit that a vol has laid on some of the opposition? anyone remember when eddie moore laid out that florida reciever in the 01&#39; game?

He hit the same reciever really hard in the 02 game. Kelvin Kight was the WR from Florida that got drilled by Eddie 2 years in a row. The 2nd one was as hard but was still brutal. I guess nobody remembers that one because we lost.

Originally posted by duckman398686@May 10, 2005 6:11 PM
Anybody remember a guy by the name of Torri Noel? He layed some pretty heavy hits on bama in a few games.

in 1995 he decked Curtis Brown form Bama in in 1997 he leveled Shaun " I lost the Heisman vs UT in 1999" Alexander.

Big Al gets my vote, seems like I remember Raynoch having some bone-crunchers, as well.

Not sure how big the hit was, but here&#39;s one of my favorite "after-party" shots.

Attachments

• Burnett_on_Top.jpg
    Burnett_on_Top.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3
James Wilson in the 93 bammer game broke through his block and hit, I think it was Sherman Williams, as he was attempting to hand on a reverse to David Palmer, and took em both down.

Thomas Davis hit on the Auburn guy in 2003 at UGA was one hit I will always remember.

WOW

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@May 12, 2005 11:48 AM
Big Al gets my vote, seems like I remember Raynoch having some bone-crunchers, as well.

Not sure how big the hit was, but here&#39;s one of my favorite "after-party" shots.
[snapback]93197[/snapback]​

forgot about that one. classic

VN Store

Back