Biggest Screwjobs in CFB

The people that complain about that act like it was the first time ever that the refs threw the flag on the second guy.

It's been that way for a looooong time.

The people that complain about that act like it was the first time ever that the refs threw the flag on the second guy.

It's been that way for a looooong time.

True . . . but the referee then failing to wind the clock after the penalty was probably a lot more egregious.

The UF game where we "hit" the QB in the helmet, thus negating the INT.

The other call on Florida was awful, too. If that had been called right, they score and we never even get the chance to score on an int.

The personal foul on Florida's Dallas Baker in 2004 was a huge call as well.

What was the referee looking at? :p

slap.gif

I had never noticed before, but the problem for Florida really was that Baker flopped his head the wrong way making Wade's "shot" look like a little shove. Wade, on the other hand, executed a pro wrestling worthy sales job.

I had never noticed before, but the problem for Florida really was that Baker flopped his head the wrong way making Wade's "shot" look like a little shove. Wade, on the other hand, executed a pro wrestling worthy sales job.
I just noticed that before I read your post. You can see Baker doesn't really wind up a lot before he hits Wade, but Wade looked like he snapped his neck.

It also looks like Wade glanced the helmet and catches some shoulder. Baker's shot was straight to the head.

4th down pass interference at Syracuse kept the game winning drive alive in 98. I'm not saying it was a good or bad call, but it was certainly a critical call.

The personal foul on Florida's Dallas Baker in 2004 was a huge call as well.

in the 2002 game against Florida on their 2pt. conversion we didn't get called for PI

"The Swindle in the Swamp" is what some labeled it..but the 04 game game against F$U was one of the worst officiated games I've seen..5 or 6 game changing calls that were shown over and over on replays the refs missed in F$U's favor.

in the 2002 game against Florida on their 2pt. conversion we didn't get called for PI

That might have been 2001. 2002 was when Clausen fumbled the snap about 20 times here in Knoxville...

In 2001 Gaffney, ironically, was complaining about being held or something.

"The Swindle in the Swamp" is what some labeled it..but the 04 game game against F$U was one of the worst officiated games I've seen..5 or 6 game changing calls that were shown over and over on replays the refs missed in F$U's favor.

I thought about mentioning that one. Although I'm pretty sure you mean 2003 (Gators won in 2004). Wasn't that the game where Chris Rix was dropping onto his knees and motioning toward the heavens? It was pretty sickening how he acted like he'd just pulled off some crazy-ass miracle when it was painfully obvious that FSU's scoring drive would have been stopped multiple times if not for really questionable penalties. I believe the game ended on a Chris Leak scramble for about 60 yards, but he didn't make it to the endzone.

I thought about mentioning that one. Although I'm pretty sure you mean 2003 (Gators won in 2004). Wasn't that the game where Chris Rix was dropping onto his knees and motioning toward the heavens? It was pretty sickening how he acted like he'd just pulled off some crazy-ass miracle when it was painfully obvious that FSU's scoring drive would have been stopped multiple times if not for really questionable penalties. I believe the game ended on a Chris Leak scramble for about 60 yards, but he didn't make it to the endzone.

yes the 03 season..that scoring drive and several bad fumble calls

yes the 03 season..that scoring drive and several bad fumble calls

I saw an airing of that game shortly after moving down here. It was a string of bad calls that all went the same way. Among them were a fumble return for a TD by FSU that counted when the play was improperly ruled a fumble and a fumble return for a TD by UF that was negated when the play was improperly ruled to not be a fumble.

That might have been 2001. 2002 was when Clausen fumbled the snap about 20 times here in Knoxville...

In 2001 Gaffney, ironically, was complaining about being held or something.

It was 2001, and I'll need to see the video again before I'll call it controversial. I don't remember it being questioned all that much.

What was the referee looking at? :p

slap.gif

Before Wade's slap/push, I remember there being a slight dead-ball bump/push by Baker. It wasn't on the level of what happened next, but Baker pushed first, then Wade's shot, which was obviously worse than the bump/push he took, and then Baker landed the blow that was flagged. I'd love to see the video just prior to what is shown here.

It was 2001, and I'll need to see the video again before I'll call it controversial. I don't remember it being questioned all that much.

Florida fans screamed about it a little bit... whining about Gaffney getting interfered with in the back of the endzone.

NC, I was just about to say the same thing.

a no-call that almost beat UT. AK vs UT. the roughing the passer against Tee Martin. the ref that normally watches the QB was was looking up the field. Tee was hit at least 5 seconds after he threw the incomplete pass. it's not a big deal since we won the game, but if it was called, we would have gotten the 1st down and we wouldn't have had to rely on "the fumble"

VN Store

Back