Bird Feeder

@Septic
Quoted you but that apparently disappeared

These little wood peckers pecked a hole in the fence and built a nest. Watching their mom try to teach them how to peck on trees was one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen they are endangered so I feel like I’m doing my part.

Now back to the analogy

First let’s fix the system so that it’s reasonable for people to come here legally. Then we can stop the flow of criminals.

Just saying
image.jpg

Never heard of .177 but probably shot one as a kid thinking it was a .22 or a 45-70 lol
My break barrel pellet rifle is a 177.
Before anyone thinks it’s just a pellet gun, it will knock a hole in a cast iron skillet from 60 yards.

I’ve been thumping cayotees in the neighborhood with it

My break barrel pellet rifle is a 177.
Before anyone thinks it’s just a pellet gun, it will knock a hole in a cast iron skillet from 60 yards.

I’ve been thumping cayotees in the neighborhood with it
I thought it was a .22 lite. One of those guns shot at camp when we were kids.
I have a gas cartridge pellet pistol that is pretty bad ass, but nothin* like what you describe.

I have 2 bird feeders one in the front one in the back. I have found the birds lose interest when we get into the summer months and food is plentiful. TIFWIW.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Bird Feeder

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it is as I filled it lovingly with seed.. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see..... our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, and free education and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to "press one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder. If you agree, pass it on; if not, continue cleaning up the poop!

Be honest... did AirVol send this to you in an email?

This thread is so boomer that it f***** the economy!

Lol. This thread rocks. Also, I too kill bushytailed tree rats. Accidentally killed every squirrel on my block after about 5 consecutive years of soffit and siding repairs from them chewing up my house. Rat poison and chunky peanutbutter mixed 50/50 in Tspoon sized clumps up high where dogs, cats and children could never get to it. On the roof of my shed, on the power box at the telephone pole etc. Didnt see a squirrel the entire next winter. No more repairing my house every year since. Zero guilt or regrets. Why do people hate and women deathly fear any rodent UNLESS it has a bushy tail....in which case its cute and not to be harmed or feared in the slightest??? Unlike housemice a squirrel cornered will tear your butt up with those big teeth...ask Jeff Foxworthy about the 1 that bit off a dudes nipple lmao !

Lol. This thread rocks. Also, I too kill bushytailed tree rats. Accidentally killed every squirrel on my block after about 5 consecutive years of soffit and siding repairs from them chewing up my house. Rat poison and chunky peanutbutter mixed 50/50 in Tspoon sized clumps up high where dogs, cats and children could never get to it. On the roof of my shed, on the power box at the telephone pole etc. Didnt see a squirrel the entire next winter. No more repairing my house every year since. Zero guilt or regrets. Why do people hate and women deathly fear any rodent UNLESS it has a bushy tail....in which case its cute and not to be harmed or feared in the slightest??? Unlike housemice a squirrel cornered will tear your butt up with those big teeth...ask Jeff Foxworthy about the 1 that bit off a dudes nipple lmao !

I looked up all kinds of stuff to keep squirrels out of hanging feeders. I drilled a hole in a gallon paint can lid and put it on the chain above the feeder. Works like a charm - you can buy the baffles, but it's so easy to make them out of used paint can lids. Saw one really unhappy squirrel sitting on the bay window roof and having no luck getting to the feeder. The real trick is drilling right in the middle to get the lid balanced.

Years ago we had a squirrel problem in the attic. A woodpecker put a hole in the siding, and a squirrel enlarged it to get into the attic. I trapped a three or four after covering the hole. One didn't take being trapped well at all; he was definitely an angry little guy. I wore heavy gloves and kept an eye on the trap and my fingers while getting it out of the attic and then through the house - drove him farther away than the rest to let him go.

VN Store

Back