BJ indicates Vareen will be back

wonder what they actually did to it. 5 weeks just seems a bit long. Maybe CBJ will clarify

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm no doctor. I thought if it was a partial tear and they just cleaned it up, it was a few weeks. A complete tear was more like several months.

he would if he had both

maybe, but they usually don't coincide with each other. Meniscus is a quick pop just from a step and an mcl is usually from a hard cut, but more often from someone falling on you.
Also not sure if they would operate so quickly on the meniscus, as the mcl would be injured and in the way of the equipment.

maybe, but they usually don't coincide with each other. Meniscus is a quick pop just from a step and an mcl is usually from a hard cut, but more often from someone falling on you.
Also not sure if they would operate so quickly on the meniscus, as the mcl would be injured and in the way of the equipment.

I just had it done so it does happen. There was no contact when I did it

I saw Corey Vereen play 3-4 times live in high school. I never saw him dominate a game, but he is a solid player. However, I am mildly pleasantly surprised that he's been so impressive in Knoxville. Kids blossom at different times. Hopefully, he will be a great one by the time he graduates with a UT degree.

My dad played against Reggie White in high school. He said the same exact thing about Reggie.. said he wasn't even the best player on his team behind Charles Morgan. Not comparing Vereen to The Minister of D in terms of ability, but TIFWIW.

My dad played against Reggie White in high school. He said the same exact thing about Reggie.. said he wasn't even the best player on his team behind Charles Morgan. Not comparing Vereen to The Minister of D in terms of ability, but TIFWIW.

I also played against RW in HS - your dad is correct. RW was much slimmer in HS but CM was already filled out in HS.

If Vareen is not ready to play the big SEC games in the first half of our schedule--florida, georgia, bama--and he probably won't be, the team might as well redshirt him. I hate to see him waste a year of eligibility so that he can play against vandy and kentucky, though one could argue that even limited experience this year would help him next year.

Reactions: 1 person

Good god, please do not start a better than Reggie White discussion again:dance:

If Vareen is not ready to play the big SEC games in the first half of our schedule--florida, georgia, bama--and he probably won't be, the team might as well redshirt him. I hate to see him waste a year of eligibility so that he can play against vandy and kentucky, though one could argue that even limited experience this year would help him next year.

He could be back for UGA. That's almost 8 weeks away. Never know.

MCL tears usually don't require surgery. I've had tears in both of mine and didn't require surgery. I've had 3 medial meniscus tears and all required surgery. 3 to 5 weeks to come back for an athlete, not a big deal.

MCL tears usually don't require surgery. I've had tears in both of mine and didn't require surgery. I've had 3 medial meniscus tears and all required surgery. 3 to 5 weeks to come back for an athlete, not a big deal.

Yeh it just depends on what grade it is. Sounds like a grade 2 MCL sprain which would have some small tears. Hope he recovers well.

I disagree. If we think he helps give us a shot at beating out 3 of AU, Mizzou, Vandy, and Kentucky and becoming bowl eligible, then play him. We need a bowl game and we'll be glad he's got some game experience next season when our depth at Leo is relatively inexperienced.

Reactions: 1 person
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBraniac View Post
Had surgery.

UT freshman Corey Vereen undergoes knee surgery, but expected to return this year » GoVolsXtra

Probably won't see him till Georgia or maybe South Alabama I'd say.
Fair bet and then he will have had no on field conditioning of much value.

VN Store

Back