Black History Month

I think this thread shows that blacks are able to achieve greatness in this country just like whites.

This thread needs some balanced truth.

Black History Month Is Appropriate Time For The Truth

Besides what Dr. Stern has revealed, other Black historians and scholars have also contributed revelations that would shock and surprise many when it comes to the institution of slavery in the United States. Chief among these revelations is the fact that there were thousands of Black slave owners in the South—some of whom became quite wealthy and owned many slaves. According to some records, in the city of New Orleans alone, there were over 3,000 black slave owners. Indeed, in Louisiana, the wealthiest slave owner with the most slaves was Black. Additionally, Blacks owned thousands of slaves in the Carolinas.
Other sources reveal that the “Five Civilized Tribes” from the southeast (i.e., the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and Seminole—also owned Black slaves. Following the Civil War and the 13th Amendment, three refused to emancipate their slaves. It took signing a treaty with the U.S. obligating them to free their slaves.

Several generations of children have been and are being taught that slavery is entirely black and white: Black victims and White oppressors. This one-dimensional and inaccurate narrative can only damage the relationships between Black and White children. And it is impossible to imagine that it does not affect those relationships through adulthood.
What if children of all races learned the truth at a very early age—that is, that America’s institution of slavery was created and maintained multi-racially?

Reactions: Juanita

Besides what Dr. Stern has revealed, other Black historians and scholars have also contributed revelations that would shock and surprise many when it comes to the institution of slavery in the United States. Chief among these revelations is the fact that there were thousands of Black slave owners in the South—some of whom became quite wealthy and owned many slaves. According to some records, in the city of New Orleans alone, there were over 3,000 black slave owners. Indeed, in Louisiana, the wealthiest slave owner with the most slaves was Black. Additionally, Blacks owned thousands of slaves in the Carolinas.
Other sources reveal that the “Five Civilized Tribes” from the southeast (i.e., the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and Seminole—also owned Black slaves. Following the Civil War and the 13th Amendment, three refused to emancipate their slaves. It took signing a treaty with the U.S. obligating them to free their slaves.

Several generations of children have been and are being taught that slavery is entirely black and white: Black victims and White oppressors. This one-dimensional and inaccurate narrative can only damage the relationships between Black and White children. And it is impossible to imagine that it does not affect those relationships through adulthood.
What if children of all races learned the truth at a very early age—that is, that America’s institution of slavery was created and maintained multi-racially?
Thomas Sowell had a wonderful essay showing that slavery has never been a racial issue, it has been a parasitic economic system that goes back throughout human history and has transcended racial divides (and even lacks of racial divides--i.e same-race slavery).

Thomas Sowell had a wonderful essay showing that slavery has never been a racial issue, it has been a parasitic economic system that goes back throughout human history and has transcended racial divides (and even lacks of racial divides--i.e same-race slavery).

This.

I wonder how often these people had to listen to refrains of "Studying and academics is part of the white hegemony!!!" by their similar pigmented peers and by the people purporting to be their white "allies"? I doubt it would even be a micro-percentage of the amount that black people in today's society hear on a daily basis. I'll gladly celebrate the notable achievements of black people. I wish there were more, and I wish there weren't overbearing social pressure to discourage it among the white "allies" and the black community itself.

Also, many of the mulattos that we see are not the products of white rapes, but consensual relationships. Kamau Bell (CNN hack) found that out when he did a show on his family tree and ancestry search. Turns out that one of his descendants was a black women married to a white man during Reconstruction in Alabama.

VN Store

Back