Bob Stoops and SEC Propaganda

gr82batnvol

How many of, and how frequently has the top half of their conference been in the mix for a BCS NC?

UT and Auburn are in that bottom half but they have been there.

Reactions: 2 people
Isn't he the coach that's about 0-6 in big title games lately??? (Conference & national)

This is a pretty lame argument, especially considering the fact that the preeminent gauge of talent is the NFL Draft. These teams spend countless resources scouting collegiate players over the course of several years. The 2013 draft featured 12 SEC players going in the 1st round, and over 25% of drafted players coming from the conference, which is the highest number of players going from one conference in modern history. And contrary to Bob's opinion-they didn't all come from 2 teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma Sooners Head Coach Bob Stoops says SEC Dominance is "A Lot of Propoganda."
Either this is
A.Biterness because teams from SEC Have been winning the National Championship Since 2006-2012 that's 7 Seasons 3 away from a Decade.
B.Take attention away from SEC, and attempt to fool people.
C. Both A and B

I would say both A and B.
Also bottom Big 12 teams better than the other bottom teams in the SEC.
Playing better than Kentucky, and Vandy is not saying much.

Kentucky Like Kansas they are excellent in Basketball but also like Kansas they are execrable in Football. While they have produced winning seasons they still haven't been to a BCS game, or the National Champinship game. They are a punching bag for the Tennessee Volunteers, Gators, and any other SEC teams that plays them.

Vandy While they have had more success with a New Head Coach for most of their history they have been the Aints what the Saints were called during their execrable losing seasons.

Not sure how u argue 5 diff teams from the sec winning the bcs title and the last however many in a row now..

When was the last time Stoops won a BCS bowl game again? By the way, beating UConn a couple of years ago doesn't count.

Come on down bobby and get some of the ol sec bet you after one season you would cry like a broke d--k dog wanting to go back to your old conference!

I think coaches are trying to get that spin out there. I live in the northeast, and you here that refrain a lot. We do need more teams to start challenging (obviously us haha) so that we can combat the talk that the SEC is Alabama and everybody else.

All that should be asked to stoops is:

"How many times has the SEC won the BCS championship? And how many SEC teams have lost the BCS championship?"

There were a few years we didn't make an appearance in the championship game, BUT we have never lost when we appear.

Edit: except when ala and LSU played each other I guess.....but that doesn't count. In fact that just makes the SEC that much more impressive.

7 NCs the last 7 years
5 teams finished in the top 10 last year(not started.....finished)
7 teams in the top 25 last year (not started .....finished)
They all play each other....... So it's almost statistically impossible for the bottom half to be viewed as "better" than any other Conference.

Stoops' Brother now coaches in the SEC and Kentucky will never climb over UT, UF, AL, LSU, SC, Ark, SC, and so on......

OH...And 25% of the NFL Draft was from the SEC.....

Last edited:
kansas, iowa state, colorado (pac 12 now), texas tech, baylor...etc ...plus they have teams leaving their conference to go to SEC...lame argument.

Bob Stoops' comments on SEC are first case of playoff positioning - College Football - ESPN

Interesting comments. Of course, I'm not an insider so I can't read the whole story.

Hey Bob, I don't think the stats lie. Name another conference that has this many teams that have been or are currently in the mix for a title.

BCS Title Winners

Tennessee
Florida
Auburn
Alabama
LSU

Potentials

Georgia
Texas AM
South Carolina

:rock:

Are you kidding me? I like the way you put us in there as a winner, when 97? We haven't sniffed anything since.

Are you kidding me? I like the way you put us in there as a winner, when 97? We haven't sniffed anything since.

If you cant get the year we won the NC right you should stop posting amd turn in your fan card...I will.give you a clue we won the 98 BCS title game clown

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back