Bray looking more comfortable tonight

Interesting.
That's where my hate for Dooley kicked into overdrive.

I don't really hate Bray, I was just explaining where most of the hate for Bray on VN originates.(IMO) I will give him the benefit of the doubt, that he didn't suck on purpose in that game. David Ricky not so much. I think he borderline threw the game.

Last edited:
I don't really hate Bray, I was just explaining where most of the hate for Bray on VN originates.(IMO) I will give him the benefit of the doubt, that he didn't suck on purpose in that game. David Ricky not so much. I think he borderline threw the game.

David Ricky....
What a waste of talent.

Reactions: 1 person
I am having a hard time understanding this man crush some of you have for Bray. I just don't get it.

Lol man crush you say, if wishing a former player well and rooting for him to succeed is a "man crush" than I'm a flaming pocket book wearing pansy!! Since I wish ALL current and former Vols well and root for em. Just because you hold a real life grudge over a person who's worse flaw was making dumb decisions that 500,000 other kids is age make daily. Doesn't mean everyone else has to be a hater like you. I get tired of seeing ppl judge a 20 something yr old like their own **** don't stink.

Local sports radio here in KC is saying Bray's performance makes a strong case for him to be Alex Smith's back-up instead of Chase Daniel. I can see this happening by mid season.

Agreed ..i dont know why there is so much hatred for him on here ..he had 34 TDs last season ..offense lead by him scored 40+ points against SC, GA and Missisipi , NC state ..its not his fault defense didnt hold their end ..he wasn't good against Alabama but who was ?? Did he make few immature decisions ..yes but he is a kid ...21 -22 ..
Also he started as a freshman and fought some of the toughest times at UT ..freshmen OL ..hunter hurt ..etc ...

I agree but a public board will always have trolls and people that are jealous or hate for some reason.

3 TDs....he showed amazing pocket presence for a rookie and looks like a high first round pick...Chief fans are thrilled right now about him....

Pocket-Presents.jpg

LOL

I am having a hard time understanding this man crush some of you have for Bray. I just don't get it.

Ummm, He wore Orange?! We are proud of our Tennessee players in the NFL. He didn't get kicked off the team and dealt with one of the worst coaching staffs of our generation...

Better coaching, and that kid would have been one of those guys you mention when you talk about the Greats. He still owns a bunch of records here.

He is a great talent that got stuck with the worst UT coaching in history. We should root for him.

If I had to play for Dooley I would have acted out a little too. Maybe he got his bad attitude from the former head coach. Dooley was a pessimistic negative ******* who routinely trashed his players in the media. He sucked so they sucked. He was a poor leader so they were poor followers. You are only as good as your leadership. In business you are only as good as your management. In military you are only as confident as your superiors. In sports it's the same thing. Bray was allowed to be immature because he had an immature coach. That's all.....

Congrats Tyler on a fine performance. Hope you earn a spot on the Chiefs roster and make a teams like Buffalo, Dallas, Raiders and a few others kick themselves for not giving you any consideration. The majority of orange clad fans in Tennessee are rooting for you. The rest sill wish Fulmer was our coach.

It was a good night for him, and I hope he succeeds, but keep in mind that the fourth exhibition game is for scrubs--mostly guys who will be looking for work in another few days. Bray has got potential but he's also got a ton to learn. If he can add smarts to his physical talent--and keep improving his footwork--he might get a real chance in a year or two.

It was a good night for him, and I hope he succeeds, but keep in mind that the fourth exhibition game is for scrubs--mostly guys who will be looking for work in another few days. Bray has got potential but he's also got a ton to learn. If he can add smarts to his physical talent--and keep improving his footwork--he might get a real chance in a year or two.

I bet he starts a game before the season is over, jmo

I don't hate Bray, but I was certainly over his attitude. That being said, I think Dooley set that tone for the team. He was a bad leader and bad leaders produce bad leaders. Bray under Cut would have been 1st round pick imo. I guess I am an idealist in that I want Vol players to have the passion for the program that those of us that grew up with it have. It is unrealistic and unfair I suppose but you see guys like Peyton, Charles Davis, and others who catch it and take pride in it. It's tough to see a guy like Bray with so much talent, appear so indifferent while playing for Tennessee.

I bet he starts a game before the season is over, jmo

I don't hate Bray, but I was certainly over his attitude. That being said, I think Dooley set that tone for the team. He was a bad leader and bad leaders produce bad leaders. Bray under Cut would have been 1st round pick imo. I guess I am an idealist in that I want Vol players to have the passion for the program that those of us that grew up with it have. It is unrealistic and unfair I suppose but you see guys like Peyton, Charles Davis, and others who catch it and take pride in it. It's tough to see a guy like Bray with so much talent, appear so indifferent while playing for Tennessee.

I'm one of the biggest Bray supporters out there, but if he starts a game this year it will be due to injuries.

I'm one of the biggest Bray supporters out there, but if he starts a game this year it will be due to injuries.

I agree. I think that will be a factor and also there will be struggles by Smith or Daniel. I think later in the year, if KC is struggling, he will get a shot. Again, jmo but I see him working up to the backup job and getting a start. I think KC could get to a point late in the year where they may decide to get on with the future and give Bray a shot to prep for next year. Maybe Alex Smith will do better there than I expect.

I hope he does really well. Every UT player in the NFL is another player to point out to recruits.

He got criticized while he was at UT and rightfully so. Just because he got bashed for his decisions on and off the field, doesn't mean the fans hope he failed at the next level. Were we suppose to give him a d*** cookie for his stupid decisions while he was here?

Better question. Why drag up his past behavior a the UT at the slightest opportunity and bash him for it? Instead of offering support for efforts to be a bona fide NFL player without those same stupid decisions? I know, I know, that's way too much to ask, right?

I got one word for you that should explain the hate...Kentucky.

I already liked a lot of Bray's game, but the Vandy and Kentucky games really cemented him as a gamer for me. He clearly wasn't recovered from the thumb injury and couldn't make throws that had been completely natural to him before but knew we had no chance without him, so he went out and dogged it out.

Bray is really good . Alex Smith is very limited, that's why harbaugh got rid of him. If smith doesn't perform I wouldn't be surprised to see bray at some point this year. Remember The Alex Smith before Jim Harbough arrived?

I guess Bray gave up throwing bottles at parked vehicles since He left Tennessee. I hope He finally gets the maturity to go along with the talent.

Agreed ..i dont know why there is so much hatred for him on here ..he had 34 TDs last season ..offense lead by him scored 40+ points against SC, GA and Missisipi , NC state ..its not his fault defense didnt hold their end ..he wasn't good against Alabama but who was ?? Did he make few immature decisions ..yes but he is a kid ...21 -22 ..
Also he started as a freshman and fought some of the toughest times at UT ..freshmen OL ..hunter hurt ..etc ...

The hatred for him is PROBABLY due to everyone seeing that he had ALOT of potential and we all wanted the best out of him. He " seemed" to be not interested in giving 100%. So, this caused some people to look at him in a less than favorable light.

Also, his performance in the Kentucky game seemed to get people angry. I am sure that some felt that if he played better, then we would have overcome Sal's defense and won that game, thus putting us in a bowl game......

I am not a mind reader, but this is just my speculation of the reason for the dislike of Bray by some people.

No hatred for Bray, but Dooley is another issue. With the receivers that were in this holster along with Bray, We have been in coaching hell for the past few years. And don't get me started about Sal and the D. I' m giving Jones a clean slate. It won't take much to be a coaching upgrade.

VN Store

Back