Breaking News

This is hard to believe.

How bad are things when you fire a coach in the middle of the season right before you play your biggest rival?

i saw the report on espn this morning..........................i don't know if they will do another report on it or not. :crap:

Heard last night on Talkin Sports that Urban Mayer from Utah is the leading canidate to replace zook

This is truly a sad, sad day in Big Orange Country.

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Oct 25, 2004 11:47 AM
This is truly a sad, sad day in Big Orange Country.

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

I agree. The only thing worse would be if we took Kentucky or Vanderbilt off the schedule.

I disagree Titan...while I would hate to see UF bring again another great coach the move would definatley help strenghten the SEC and our respective schedules. Especially with people now talking about the Pac 10 being a stronger conference. Who are these people and what games are they watching???

Don't anyone get excited about Zook's departure. It may appear today that we could reap a reward of stealing away recruits that are afraid of the unsettling situation at Florida. But if Florida quickly announces that thier new coach is Urban Meyer of Utah, one of the hottest and and most most exciting coaches in College football, he will be a recruit magnet, especially in Florida. He is suppose to be one of the most intense offense minded coach out there and likes to shoot mostly from the shotgun which Leak will love along with all the top reciever recruits out there. It's a good thing we have a good stable of young receivers inhouse because if we didn't we would be in the outhouse. :unsure: :unsure:

TBALL - You're right about the shotgun system. Leak will love that, which might spell trouble for some SEC opponets. Atleast for one year.......

Maybe one day the UM coaches will learn that the shot gun is the way to go.....

Originally posted by SyracuseVol@Oct 25, 2004 2:50 PM
Musberger said Rick Neuheisel is also a strong candidate to replace Zook.

Yeah - If I were starting a betting pool, I think I'd pick Neuheisel. :D

ESPN's list (apparently in no particular order)

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Bob Stoops (OU)
3. Urban Meyer (Utah)
4. Rich Rodriguez (West Virginia)
5. Bobby Petrino (Louisville)

What is Stoops doing on that list? If they couldn't get him to leave Oklahoma 3 years ago, why would he leave now that he is a legend in Oklahoma?

:dunno:

VN Store

Back