Breaking News

Does anybody else think it's odd to fire Zook right in the middle of the season? That just doesn't happen too often in college football.

I personally don't believe Stoops is in the mix. Meyer seems to be the most logical. He's turned around two programs and who would have ever thought that we would see Utah ranked in the top 10 and he didn't do it with the most prized recruits in the country. Besides there is the Utah- Florida connection. I think the president or was it the athletic director at Florida, came from Utah.

I think they were planning on getting rid of Zook anyway and they were just waiting for a good enough reason to do it. Now that they have the reason, they can name a coach and get him in before the recruiting wars begin. Besides, they don't want to take the chance of Zook winning the rest of his games and not having a good enough reason at the end of the year to fire him.

I especially think it was awful timing to fire Zook right before the UGA game. Let the coach try to save his job and rally the troops with a win in Jacksonville this weekend. Now this is a huge distraction and a huge cloud over the program right before a huge game. Oh well, not gonna lose any sleep over the woes of Florida :dlol:

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Oct 25, 2004 3:43 PM
they don't want to take the chance of Zook winning the rest of his games and not having a good enough reason at the end of the year to fire him.

That makes sense. I guess it's never a good time to go through a coaching change.

Spurrier will probably be who all the fans want. They've been crying for him since the day he left.

To be honest, I just don't care who they hire.

Tough position to put Zook in though - making him coach the last 4 games.

It would be quite interesting if Zook led the Gators to an 8-3 season, which would include victories over rivals Georgia and Florida State. :blink: The 3 losses would be by 2, 5, and 7 pts all coming in the last minute of each ballgame. :blink:

Florida will be lucky to end the season at .500, everyone knows the UF athletic department is under fire. They are just trying to make a change quick before it gets out of hand.

Zook doesnt have it to bad though. From what i understand florida is going to buy out the rest of his contract 450,000 a year for 4 years!!!!

The ramifications of this could be bad. With the success that UF fans are used to, they will beg for a good coach, let's just hope it turns into another Bama fiasco.

Originally posted by GAVol@Oct 25, 2004 2:33 PM
Does anybody else think it's odd to fire Zook right in the middle of the season? That just doesn't happen too often in college football.

Its odd... but the players love him. They might rally around him and beat Georgia for 12 out of 13. Its not like Florida doesn't have talent.

I'm liking Florida's chances this weekend.

I saw Spurrier interviewed on TV last night. He said something to the effect, "We'll just see what unfolds the next few weeks." Translated-"Is Zook out of my office yet". I thought it would have been Meyer, but it looks like he has been spurned and spurred by Spurrier. :cool:

I saw that interview also. I especially enjoyed Steve's reverse visor look.

I do give Stevie props for what he said: "There's nothing I can say that would be appropriate at a time like this."

If only he would live his life that way. :D

Don't be suprised by how Florida ends the season, their going to fool some people.

Reasond why:

The players love Zook
The rest of the season is just like an Audition, prove what he can do.
Georgia not that sharp
Make Foley look like a fool.

I would not be suprised if the Gators win out.

Originally posted by GAVol@Oct 26, 2004 8:31 AM
I do give Stevie props for what he said: "There's nothing I can say that would be appropriate at a time like this."

Yeah, except for LOOK OUT TENNESSEE, HERE I COME!

(Anybody want Clausen back now?)

VN Store

Back