Brent Vinson

It's still Hefney's job to lose.

He was the only reason we won that South Carolina game... and he had some nice returns in some others games including 2 in the Alabama game..

But I'd like to see one of these new WRs or CBs try it out.. as long as they don't muff it like Lucas Taylor. We can't risk Hefney getting hurt with our lack of experience in the secondary.

Hefney has muffed just as many punts as anyone on the team. And in the Penn State game he fielded a punt inside the ten yard line.

O'Neal runs a 10.3 100 meter and was on the junior olympic team. He will be the fastest player in orange next year bar none.

here are the possibility of the returnees.
Kenny O-Neil- 4.3 forty(f'n speed-demon)
Brent Vinson- 4.38 forty(maybe faster)
Gerald Jones- 4.42 forty(more agile than anyone i know)
Art Evans-4.4 forty(he may RS.. or he may do ST.. big, fast)
Denarius Moore-4.4 forty(according to rivals: he's probably faster than this.. maybe a 4.35-4.4 range..)
Heffney-4.35 forty(not 100% sure.. but he can fly, he's our best DB so we may not risk him getting injured)
Tyler Maples-4.38-4.42 forty( big n fast)

I really don't care who takes the kicks as long as ST improves, i can't remember the last PR touchdown or even a KR touchdown by the VOLS.

UT is loaded with speed and i hope our coaches utilize our talent well. If i were coach i would throw quick WR screens to Vinson and Berry, and let them use their skill's to make things happen. I would also run 4 Wr shotgun and HB direct to Coker, if not expected Coker would burn a defense. I have read an article interviewing Cutcliffe, where Cut gave strong accolades to Gerald Jones saying he is a type of player you build championships around. CUT also said he would HB-direct to Gerald Jones, and even said he would use him like UF uses Harvin. Cut claimed that he would run handoffs to G.Jones in the slot coming in motion. That is a great idea, because we could sometime have G.Jones come in motion fake the hand-off get the defense going one way and hand it to Coker with room to run the other way. If anyone goes to UT print this out and give it to Coach Cut LOL. Im probly a little late on this Cut probly already has this in his playbook.

O'Neal runs a 10.3 100 meter and was on the junior olympic team. He will be the fastest player in orange next year bar none.

I have watched video of both Vinson and O'Neal and I do not think there is any way you can say O'Neal is faster "bar none" because Vinson can absolutely fly. Either way though the important part is that they are BOTH very fast.

Also keep in mind O'Neal has added on weight (muscle), which can result in a diminution of his world class speed.

I'd settle for not running into the big pile of defenders..

:lolabove:
Sneaky funny, subtly humorous but obviously true over the past several years. I believe the trend started with Corey Larkins. Every time he touched the ball I cringed.

I'd say the chances of Tyler Maples fielding a punt or kick next year are about the same as Demonte Bolden. He needs to add muscle to his frame if he wants to play SEC football (Maples that is)

Austin Rodgers has a chance to return some next year though.

Vinson's very fast, but O'Neal is faster than any player that was signed in the country this year. He actually may be the fastest player in college football this season.

I've also seen quotes from coaches and other sources that quite a few other players in this class run sub 4.4's. This is definitely a speedy class.

His coach did say he is the fastest player to every come through Hargrave which is definitely saying something. I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 4.35 but 4.22 is All World.

4.22.. i dont think so.. that is ungodly fast.. he's not faster than dante hall... he ran like a 4.28..
if he ran a 4.22 he would be one of the fastest people in the WHOLE WORLD..
Reggie bush ran a 4.33..

40 times aren't the most significant measures of speed anyways. It is possible, but that doesn't mean his game speed or agility is as good as those listed.

Darnius Moore broke the Texas 2A record in the 110-meter hurdles (13.69) and 300-meter hurdles(36.99). He was second in the long jump (23 feet-7.75 inches). Teammate, and fellow Vol signee Lennon Creer ran in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays.

Eric Berry won Georgia's 4A long jump (23 feet-5.5 inches), finish 3rd in the 100 (10.72) and 2nd in the 200 (21.79).

And Gerald Jones, as I think was mentioned, didn't even train for the 4x800, but filled in for a teammate, and ran his leg in 2:05. He was 2nd in the long jump (22 feet-3 inches).

VN Store

Back