Butch Jones has turned team over to players

1. Beat Austin Peay, learn the weak spots!
2. Beat Western Kentucky, improve, beat Petrino!
3. Beat Oregon, contain the speed, disciplined D!
4. Beat Florida, contain Driskill, dont fear winning!
5. Beat S Alabama, heal, regroup, refocus!
6. Beat Georgia, 1st downs on O, basics on D!
7. Beat S Carolina, contain Shaw, run at Clowney!
8. Beat Bama, rivalry, give your all for Tennessee!
9. Beat Missouri, run the ball, stop the run!
0. Beat Auburn, don't underestimate! Be disciplined!
1. Beat Vandy, the little brother, beat him down!
2. Beat Kentucky, finish strong, blowout!

Reactions: 5 people
1. Beat Austin Peay, learn the weak spots!
2. Beat Western Kentucky, improve, beat Petrino!
3. Beat Oregon, contain the speed, disciplined D!
4. Beat Florida, contain Driskill, dont fear winning!
5. Beat S Alabama, heal, regroup, refocus!
6. Beat Georgia, 1st downs on O, basics on D!
7. Beat S Carolina, contain Shaw, run at Clowney!
8. Beat Bama, rivalry, give your all for Tennessee!
9. Beat Missouri, run the ball, stop the run!
0. Beat Auburn, don't underestimate! Be disciplined!
1. Beat Vandy, the little brother, beat him down!
2. Beat Kentucky, finish strong, blowout!

Don't fear winning? I hope they never feared winning, in the first place.

i guess you didnt watch the Gators game last year when they were in the 3rd quarter up on the Gators by 7 points and had the ball when everything went in the toilet. They had the game won and gave it away, it's just my opinion, and my opinion may not be yours and thats ok. But I thought it was pretty obvious.

Reactions: 10 people
They didn't fear winning. Dooley and staff just showed everyone they sucked, and UF took full advantage.

Reactions: 4 people
Your partly right, Dooley and staff did suck, but they didnt play a down. I saw Justin Hunter with a Gator defensive backs mouth up in his helmet earhole talkin smack, after that it was all a matter of ticks of the clock.

Your partly right, Dooley and staff did suck, but they didnt play a down. I saw Justin Hunter with a Gator defensive backs mouth up in his helmet earhole talkin smack, after that it was all a matter of ticks of the clock.

Them Florida thugs always talk trash!

i guess you didnt watch the Gators game last year when they were in the 3rd quarter up on the Gators by 7 points and had the ball when everything went in the toilet. They had the game won and gave it away, it's just my opinion, and my opinion may not be yours and thats ok. But I thought it was pretty obvious.

Dooley let Florida drive down the field and totally gain all of the momentum..he didnt use a single time out in the second half..That was when I knew it was time for him to go.

Dooley let Florida drive down the field and totally gain all of the momentum..he didnt use a single time out in the second half..That was when I knew it was time for him to go.[/QU

I knew after Kent when he had the same look and just walked around lost team out of control.. I knew then he was a loser. ..... then Fla reaffirmed it no doubt.

How do you have a game "won" up 7 with a quarter and a half to play?

Reactions: 3 people

I agree with you on the "fear winning" thing. It's a big part of what creates that hump we can't seem to get over.

Interesting..... Al Wilson took the team from Fulmer and Jones is giving to the players. I like the trust that CBJ is placing on the team. When you own something, you have a greater sense of pride.

Reactions: 1 person
There are teams that have a "will to win" and UT hasn't had it in a while.

Go back to the '85 Bama game. UT loses Robinson and unused Dickey came in. The D simply put the team on its back and the offense didn't make mistakes and won the game. Was it pretty, no. However, they did what was needed to win.

In 1991, UT was getting thumped by ND...31-7 with ND lining up to kick a FG before half-time. UT got the block and "Floyd Miley can fly" took it in for the TD. UT came out in the 2nd half and scored to make it 31-21...new ball game!

UT needs 85-90 players that will do whatever it takes to win. A decently coached team beats UF, Mizzou, UGA, and USC last year. At least 3 of those 4 games.

How do you have a game "won" up 7 with a quarter and a half to play?

I agree with you on this point - however - up to that point the gators offense looked as inept as our defense did against burton on those few plays. One could sense that if we went up by 10 or more it was over...

I didn't fear UF's offense last year and have no reason to fear it this year. I personally think the this game will be close this year but your D puts the clamps down and pulls it out.

No tyler bray this year to screw things up....improved defense....i like our chances already

I don't know if I would say we feared winning. I think we were just allergic to it.

No tyler bray this year to screw things up....improved defense....i like our chances already

I don't want to break this to you, but unless Dobbs or Ferguson can come in and start right away you might be wishing Bray was still here.

Reactions: 2 people
What exactly does turning the team over to the players mean?

coaches are hands-off during the summer and it's up to the players to do the right things. Leaders need to step up and hold each other accountable when the coaches can't

I think the talent on this team is underrated especially on D. Last year was bad coaching pure and simple. Players constantly out of position. We do need more speed in the secondary. Brian Randolph's return will help greatly. Our schedule is brutal but I think we win 7 or 8 games.

VN Store

Back