Butch Jones is 2-0

knox73

Plays at Michigan next. Michigan may regret not hiring Butch. It would be hilarious if Arkansas State gave Michigan a close game but they have Iowa State following that. Actually I pull for former Vol coaches - except Snake kiffin.

Plays at Michigan next. Michigan may regret not hiring Butch. It would be hilarious if Arkansas State gave Michigan a close game but they have Iowa State following that. Actually I pull for former Vol coaches - except Snake kiffin.
That joker might really be a champion of Life next week.

Pruitt 🤷🤦‍♂️

I don't pull for Butch at all. The guy was a fraud, and an arse to boot.
Exactly. Of the 4 (Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt), he's the one I'm least likely to root for.

Dooley wasn't a bad guy - he just sucked as a head coach.
Pruitt was more well-meaning than people give him credit for - he just had a dinosaur offense and wasn't as good as Saban and Kirby at cheating.
And Kiffin made a mistake and acknowledges it.

Butch is a snake-oil salesman, plain and simple.

I think Butch Jones is great for the mid-major/lower Power 5 level but I don't think he will do well at big-time programs like Michigan (or Tennessee).

I think Butch Jones is great for the mid-major/lower Power 5 level but I don't think he will do well at big-time programs like Michigan (or Tennessee).
He's 13-26 at Arkansas St.

I thought the same thing you did when he took that job, that he'd be good there, but they've been terrible.

Sorry, but what is the story behind this?
Supposedly at some point after the 2014 season he addressed the team with something to the effect of "As some of you might have heard, I was being mentioned in connection with the Michigan job, but I didn't take it because of all you guys...I love y'all too much."

There's no actual evidence he was even considered for, much less offered, that job. It was a really awkward way to promote himself while trying to make it sound like he was complimenting the team, I guess.

Supposedly at some point after the 2014 season he addressed the team with something to the effect of "As some of you might have heard, I was being mentioned in connection with the Michigan job, but I didn't take it because of all you guys...I love y'all too much."

There's no actual evidence he was even considered for, much less offered, that job. It was a really awkward way to promote himself while trying to make it sound like he was complimenting the team, I guess.
Oh, the way you worded it, I thought he said something like, “I wanted to go coach at a different school, but because you guys have been making me look so bad on the field, I didn’t get the job.” That is actually more believable. 🤣

Damn, leave the poor bastard alone already. He was a terrible hire who is long gone.

At what point do we move on and just forget that decade and a half, except for memories of Dobbs, Jennings, etc.? I know I have.

Damn, leave the poor bastard alone already. He was a terrible hire who is long gone.

At what point do we move on and just forget that decade and a half, except for memories of Dobbs, Jennings, etc.? I know I have.
There was some guy smarter than me who once said: Never forget history or you are doomed to repeat it. Or something like that.

VN Store

Back