Butch Jones making a big splash

If u want to hear all things Tennessee tune into 1180 AM Tennessee Sports Radio. Greatest radio station ever. Should be able to find it on iheart radio

Reactions: 1 person
Comparing what butch has done before ever coaching a game to other coaches. Saban and Meyer (at Ohio State) were the first to names to come up.

Comparing what butch has done before ever coaching a game to other coaches. Saban and Meyer (at Ohio State) were the first to names to come up.

mmmmmm.... I'm going to go with the premise that such comparisons might be a wee bit premature.

Reactions: 5 people
mmmmmm.... I'm going to go with the premise that such comparisons might be a wee bit premature.

No. They wouldn't be premature. Comparing what Jones has done compared to what those two have accomplished would be. Comparing what he has done to what they had done at their respective schools in the same amount of time is fair enough.

No. They wouldn't be premature. Comparing what Jones has done compared to what those two have accomplished would be. Comparing what he has done to what they had done at their respective schools in the same amount of time is fair enough.

Urban Meyer won a NC championship at Florida and Nick Saban took LSU to multiple BCS bowls both having done so prior to coaching where they are currently.

What am I missing?

Urban Meyer won a NC championship at Florida and Nick Saban took LSU to multiple BCS bowls both having done so prior to coaching where they are currently.

What am I missing?

I believe what they are talking about is when Urban got to Florida and when Saban got to LSU.....

What am I missing?

Butch Jones is making just as big of a splash at UT as Saban did when he took over bammer and Meyer when he took over Ohio State. And he's doing it without winning a NC prior to coming to UT. So I guess that makes him better thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Jorts? No, no you have those.
Butch Jones is making just as big of a splash at UT as Saban did when he took over bammer and Meyer when he took over Ohio State. And he's doing it without winning a NC prior to coming to UT. So I guess that makes him better thus far.

Wrong quote there...

th

GO VOLS
GO BIG ORANGE ..:rock:

What am I missing?

Why is this going over ur head? It's not a hard concept to understand.. They're comparing their first off seasons

Reactions: 2 people

They're only comparing before each coached a game. Not actual coaching. There's no doubt he has done just as good of a job up to this point.

Why is this going over ur head? It's not a hard concept to understand.. They're comparing their first off seasons

Oh yea, you're right, totally clear.

:ermm:

What am I missing?

What they did from the time they were hired at their current school to this point in the off season. Everything mentioned, that's all. ;-)

VN Store

Back