Butch Jones making a big splash

mmmmmm.... I'm going to go with the premise that such comparisons might be a wee bit premature.

Your exactly right, Saban and Meyer never won or tied for 4 conference championships before they got to the SEC! Suck on that, SUCKA!! :)

You really think that Butch Jones compares to Urban Meyer and Nick Saban at the same snapshot preseason to their first seasons with UF and Alabama?

Seriously?

Reactions: 1 person
You really think that Butch Jones compares to Urban Meyer and Nick Saban at the same snapshot preseason to their first seasons with UF and Alabama?

Seriously?

Honestly he's probably done more. Both Meyer and Saban came to their perspective schools with a preconceived notion that they would be successful. Without a doubt UT was in worse shape than UF or Bama at the time of their arrival. Butch has been successful despite the doubts that most "experts" and fans had about him when he was hired. So yes, at this point, Butch Jones has been more successful than than the other two. Just my opinion.

Seriously?

I can remember when Urb took that job. Everyone said "that offense he runs will never work in the SEC".

Let's not act like Urb had some big accomplishment prior to arriving at UF. I'd say it is comparable to CBJ.

Please don't bring up his Fiesta Bowl win over Pitt.

Butch Jones is making just as big of a splash at UT as Saban did when he took over bammer and Meyer when he took over Ohio State. And he's doing it without winning a NC prior to coming to UT. So I guess that makes him better thus far.
yippee.

That's like winning a marble shoot out pre-game on the Strip.

Last edited:
I now see why fellow Vol posters talk s*** to some of these posters that are fans of other teams on this board. When opposing teams fans see something great happening to a university that has BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, they start talking a bunch of b.s. on our board when we're on the way back to the top. Butch is doing a fantastic job, they know the butchslapping is headed their way.

Last edited:
Does anybody else find it a bit of a stretch to compare our coach to others based on what they have done in their first off season? I am excited too, and happy with what Coach Jones has done, but that is a silly comparison.

Does anybody else find it a bit of a stretch to compare our coach to others based on what they have done in their first off season? I am excited too, and happy with what Coach Jones has done, but that is a silly comparison.

If we as VOLS fan were doing it maybe. But the bammers where. I'd rather our coach be compared to Saban by the bammer media than any other coach out there.

mmmmmm.... I'm going to go with the premise that such comparisons might be a wee bit premature.

They said, what he had done as compared to those coaches before either coached a game at the current respective jobs.

As far as recruiting, etc. that's how i took it

VN Store

Back