Butch Jones on Ainge Show (8/21)

Volgrad98

Give my all for the VOLS
Just a heads up, Coach Butch Jones is scheduled to be on The Ainge show this morning 7:45.

I can safely say CBJ does not frequent this site or he would have played to us when answering Jay Bay's question

Starting QB named Monday or Tuesday. The starting QB will be the best at managing the game. Alot of youth at the skill positions surrounding the QB so it makes the decision to name the QB tougher.

Likes the way Marlin has responded to the coaches challenging him(Lane) and expects Lane to be ready for the season.

Likes Jordan Williams performance and said he's playing the best football of his career. Adds speed off the edge.

This is basically what I got from the interview. If I misheard something, my apologies.

Reactions: 5 people
I've said it before...

Jay-Bay needs to stay completely off the mic. He adds NOTHING to the Ainge show. His time would be much better spent managing the station he owns behind the scenes.

Reactions: 4 people
Starting QB named Monday or Tuesday. The starting QB will be the best at managing the game. Alot of youth at the skill positions surrounding the QB so it makes the decision to name the QB tougher.

That makes me think that he will start Worley for the time being, but that he will end up with one of the freshmen after the other positions get settled in.

That makes me think that he will start Worley for the time being, but that he will end up with one of the freshmen after the other positions get settled in.

I agree that Worley will get the job to start the year. From how he(Coach Jones) explained what he wants from his QB this year, I think the moment he can trust one of the freshman QBs to make the right decisions on the field, which includes throwing the ball away, then that freshman will take the job.

Reactions: 2 people
I've said it before...

Jay-Bay needs to stay completely off the mic. He adds NOTHING to the Ainge show. His time would be much better spent managing the station he owns behind the scenes.

Ainge has his annoying moments as well, but Jay-Bay really takes the cake. He sounds like Ainge's kid brother that has to be on the show or Ainge will get the stern talking to from their folks :crazy:

The way CBJ was talking about the lack of experience at TE, RB, and WR, I felt like he was showing his cards a little saying that it will be Worley. He stressed how experience is necessary and they jsut don't have it at the other positions.

I think CBJ knows Peterman Dobbs and Ferguson have more arm and leg talent than Worley. He has given all 3 as many reps as possible to find out which one has absorbed the playbook best and which one will make good decisions when nothing is there. Worley is clearly the leader in this area and that is why he deserves to start. But, I'm excited to see which young QB gets live snaps in the next 2 games because that will be the one CBJ has in line to take the job from Worley if that person can absorb the playbook and make quality decisions. Worley IMO is gonna have to play really smart out there snd make some quality throws to keep his job. The 3 below him have more playmaking ability and they just need time and good coaching before one of them takes over. I'm excited to see it play out!

Reactions: 2 people

Likes the way Marlin has responded to the coaches challenging him(Lane) and expects Lane to be ready for the season.

Likes Jordan Williams performance and said he's playing the best football of his career. Adds speed off the edge.

This is basically what I got from the interview. If I misheard something, my apologies.

I had a feeling this guy would make his way into the starting line up this year. Hope he gets a lot of SACKS. Yes, I said SACKS.

I know this is off topic but I just heard on TSR rumors are coming out of a helmet change black or gray what they saying. Can someone start a topic on this to see what people are hearing? I would start one but it won't let because I do not have enough post. Sorry for being off topic!

VN Store

Back