Butch Jones recruit projected at #2 on the big board

Orlando Vol

Eric Fisher committed to Butch Jones and Central Michigan on 7/29/2008.

Eric Fisher - Yahoo! Sports

Just pointing this out... May not be relevant, but could show what kind of eye Butch has for talent.

2013 NFL draft - Final Mel Kiper ranking of NFL prospects for draft - ESPN

"Could go as high as No 2 overall. He's a relentless blocker with a huge frame, and late-game tape often showed defenders simply giving up or taking absurd routes to create pressure. Gets in a wide base, uses his arms to absorb pass-rushers and simply doesn't allow guys to get the edge on him. He often made it look easy in the MAC but also looked great when Central Michigan faced top competition. Shined during the Senior Bowl."

GBO :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Talk about a diamond in the rough. Played against Eric in high school and he was like 6'6 235lbs. What Jones and Enos have done with him is crazy.

Jones can't recruit because he hasn't won the NC at Tennessee yet.

I just figured I'd throw that out there before a nega mentions it.

Word is, he might even go #1 overall tonight.

...And while it is true that Butch hasn't been his coach for the past three years, I do consider it a feather in his cap that he was able to find this unranked 250 lb guy who had only played on the offensive line for 1 year in high school, and coached him up to where he was starting at left tackle for a Div. I team as a true freshman.

He was a two-star coming out of HS. TIFWIW all of star-gazers. Bulk 'em up Dave Lawson, coach 'em up Butch!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He was two stars and from Michigan....so it was more than likely he would end up at CENTRAL...MICHIGAN

Just pointing this out... May not be relevant, but could show what kind of eye Butch has for talent.

"Could go as high as No 2 overall. He's a relentless blocker with a huge frame, and late-game tape often showed defenders simply giving up or taking absurd routes to create pressure. Gets in a wide base, uses his arms to absorb pass-rushers and simply doesn't allow guys to get the edge on him. He often made it look easy in the MAC but also looked great when Central Michigan faced top competition. Shined during the Senior Bowl."

Eric Fisher is going to be drafted #1 overall.

No its not relevant.

So what you are saying is that he has the potential to potentially recognize potential...

That's what recruiting is all about. That and convincing the potentially potent recruit :) to come to your school. It starts with evaluations.

Butch also recruited, signed, and developed Travis Kelce during his time at Cincinatti. Kelce is one of the best TE's available, and might I add, was only a 2 star for all you stargazers. Butch Jones has an eye for talent, and he gets the most out of it.

Butch also recruited, signed, and developed Travis Kelce during his time at Cincinatti. Kelce is one of the best TE's available, and might I add, was only a 2 star for all you stargazers. Butch Jones has an eye for talent, and he gets the most out of it.

He didn’t recruit or sign Kelce. That was Brian Kelly. He did, however, suspend him for the entirety of 2010. He did get the guy to increase from 13 catches in 2011 to 45 in 2012. So they can take somebody else’s players and win with them.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back