Butch Jones recruit projected at #2 on the big board

He didn’t recruit or sign Kelce. That was Brian Kelly. He did, however, suspend him for the entirety of 2010. He did get the guy to increase from 13 catches in 2011 to 45 in 2012. So they can take somebody else’s players and win with them.

My bad, I was under the impression that Butch recruited him. But he developed into the player that he is today through Butch, Elder, and Bajakian. So either way, it's only a positive.

My bad, I was under the impression that Butch recruited him. But he developed into the player that he is today through Butch, Elder, and Bajakian. So either way, it's only a positive.

The situation is really good with the best talent he’s ever had to deal with. The worst players he has to work with at Tennessee are better than the best players he’s had to work with elsewhere. Bodes well for a staff that’s used to doing more with less.

The situation is really good with the best talent he’s ever had to deal with. The worst players he has to work with at Tennessee are better than the best players he’s had to work with elsewhere. Bodes well for a staff that’s used to doing more with less.

Exactly! I've tried to explain this to people who continuously bring up how our talent is an issue in terms of competing next year! Don't get me wrong, there will definitely be a talent gap between us and the elite of the SEC, but coach Jones is used to having to work with far less talent than the talent he's been handed down this year. If he can get the most out of this team, which I'm sure he will, we could be a solid team. 7-5 is my most realistic prediction, but 8-4 is possible if we could pull off the upset at home against Georgia or South Carolina IMO.

He was a two-star coming out of HS. TIFWIW all of star-gazers. Bulk 'em up Dave Lawson, coach 'em up Butch!

So then why is CBJ and Sabin and every other major D-1 program in the country chasing 4 and 5 star recruits? Why don't you got tell CBJ and others to forget the 4 and 5 star guys and go get the 2 star kids?

VN Store

Back