Buzz or Houston?

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jan 10, 2005 8:54 PM
I also heard that somebody on Vol Calls said that it was time for a new coach.....and Buzz was on the show at the time. :lol:

Well, you know he is on the hotseat and stressed out of his mind. I guess that we will have to see how they respond against Miss St. I think that it will be more of the same though.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jan 10, 2005 9:06 PM
MSU will beat our brains in.

Yes, but they have had their practice jerseys all along. I think that we will have the edge in that game due to the practice jersey factor.

Originally posted by allvol@Jan 11, 2005 8:34 AM
Buzz has a long way to go to have a career as bad as Houston's.

There is no question that Houston was a much worse coach than Buzz. My point was that I think we may be headed in that direction. Looking at the schedule, how many games do you see that you think we can win. Unless something changes I don't see us winning more than about 3 more games.

Let me add one more thing. If they were properly coached then they wouldn't have been dunking the ball in the pregame warmups. It is not good to start the game with a technical foul. I knew that we were going to lose when I saw that Vandy was winning before time started to roll off of the playclock.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Jan 11, 2005 10:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Jan 11, 2005 10:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-allvol@Jan 11, 2005 8:34 AM
Buzz has a long way to go to have a career as bad as Houston&#39;s.

There is no question that Houston was a much worse coach than Buzz. My point was that I think we may be headed in that direction. Looking at the schedule, how many games do you see that you think we can win. Unless something changes I don&#39;t see us winning more than about 3 more games. [/quote]
Remember that Vandy had won 6 straight games coming in and had just pummeled 19th ranked Alabama.

Tennessee will be hard pressed to beat Vanderbilt in Nashville, but can beat Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. I&#39;ve seen Tennessee play poorly one game and then upset a ranked team next. Last season, they were 1-11 on the road. However, they were 7-1 at home in the SEC. The talent is there, Buzz just needs to motivate it.

Originally posted by allvol@Jan 11, 2005 8:58 AM
Tennessee will be hard pressed to beat Vanderbilt in Nashville, but can beat Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. I&#39;ve seen Tennessee play poorly one game and then upset a ranked team next. Last season, they were 1-11 on the road. However, they were 7-1 at home in the SEC. The talent is there, Buzz just needs to motivate it.

Jeebus, is that the theme for all Volunteer sports?

Originally posted by allvol+Jan 11, 2005 11:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvol @ Jan 11, 2005 11:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vol_freak@Jan 11, 2005 10:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-allvol
@Jan 11, 2005 8:34 AM
Buzz has a long way to go to have a career as bad as Houston&#39;s.

There is no question that Houston was a much worse coach than Buzz. My point was that I think we may be headed in that direction. Looking at the schedule, how many games do you see that you think we can win. Unless something changes I don&#39;t see us winning more than about 3 more games.

Remember that Vandy had won 6 straight games coming in and had just pummeled 19th ranked Alabama.

Tennessee will be hard pressed to beat Vanderbilt in Nashville, but can beat Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. I&#39;ve seen Tennessee play poorly one game and then upset a ranked team next. Last season, they were 1-11 on the road. However, they were 7-1 at home in the SEC. The talent is there, Buzz just needs to motivate it. [/quote]
I guess we will have to wait and see allvol. Granted anything can happen and maybe Buzz can get this thing turned around but I will be shocked if that happens.

Let&#39;s just run the table and put all this behind us. :wassup:

VN Store

Back