BVS Fridays like clockwork

Here we are again. Friday before a big game, the BVS starts to kick in for a lot of people. I've been seeing it here, on r/ockytop, on the discord, etc.

I get it. I've been one of those dudes wringing my hands right up until kickoff, and white knuckling whatever I'm holding onto for four quarters. The thought of waking up Sunday morning with a big L just wrecks the whole weekend, and we've seen the Vols blow it on a big stage in the past with the entire country watching more times than I care to remember.

I just don't think it's going down like that this time. We should be confident going into this tomorrow. The boys are rolling right now. OU doesn't look as sharp as we do. Our offense is elite across the board, and JP and the boys are likely going to set up a charcoal grill in the back field on defense. These guys have shown they do not let off the gas.

It just feels like we're coming home with a fat W tomorrow. So some of y'all relax tomorrow, get yourselves some liquid courage if you need it, grab some good eatin, put your feet up, and watch the boys roll. We're about to do it.
Your BVS is spot on!!!

Heard is out! We’re going to lose by triple digits! OUs D line is going to be charging through every single play and likely knock Nico‘s head completely off and use it as a soccer ball and kick it over the goalpost.

J/k

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I feel you bro. It creeps up on you. But one thing that’s given me some really good ju ju this week was a conversation on 104.5 in Nashville. Will said what he still suffers from BVS especially in games like tomorrow and Ramon Foster chimes in and said Will, I know what your saying but lemme say this…this QB is the real deal and this defense is championship caliber so trust me, he said he knew what he was talking about and this time it’s different.

But the way he said it was what was convincing. It’s like your Dad sitting you down and in a stern voice says “now hear what I’m saying”

BVS be dammed

I sort of get the BVS fans to a degree, but this team is just different. People can say we have beaten cupcakes, but we also beat a then ranked team by by 41. And also look how dialed in we have looked in all the games so far. Almost all the other top ranked teams have struggled with lower tier teams. Tennessee is one of the few teams that has looked like a well-oiled machine throughout the games thus far. Oklahoma almost lost to Houston for Pete's sake. WGWTFA!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back