BVS Fridays like clockwork

You mean if it's not going well switching seats, turning your hat around backwards, and crossing your left leg over your right instead of the right over the left may not help us win?
Lmao. Man, I am so bad sometimes if I set the remote or my phone down in a different spot and then we have something drastic go against us I’ll say let me just move that back where it was when we were rolling along.

"Shame on the people who were leaving Neyland Stadium."

I can hear it plain as day. Plain. As. Day. Etched into my soul. The eleventh maxim, at least in my brain.

ALSO - watching that video - amazing how the crowd is excited and everyone's into it without having crappy CD music crammed down their throats every time there's a stoppage in play. You can feel the moment a lot more clearly when they kickoff after taking the lead, as opposed to having to sit through another damned play of the Joker and the Thief on full blast.
Yep chills, along with that classic CBS theme intro that can never be replaced.

Reactions: Voltopia
I wish I could say that I haven't had any doubt creeping in about tomorrow's game but it would be a lie. I AM mostly confident though and I do think we have the better team. One thing I will say, regardless of tomorrow's outcome, and that is it's nice to watch a competently run and coached football team again after all the blunders of past coaching and administration failures.
100%! Just knowing we're going to compete w/ any team that rolls in front of us is welcome...win or lose. Think we'll win. But, OK is no slouch at home, first SEC game, at night, etc, etc. That being said, if we win, we're going to have some transference of pain (BVS) to some other schools (Bama/UGA), who would rather keep us out of their heads!!!

it’s healthy caution. This is a big game. I don’t think there’s any way we walk all over them like LSU. Tn is being hyped to ridiculous levels all things considered, and the bigger you are, the harder you fall. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see us come out flat and struggle throughout.

Yeah. It BVS and my feelings have no bearing on reality 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Here we are again. Friday before a big game, the BVS starts to kick in for a lot of people. I've been seeing it here, on r/ockytop, on the discord, etc.

I get it. I've been one of those dudes wringing my hands right up until kickoff, and white knuckling whatever I'm holding onto for four quarters. The thought of waking up Sunday morning with a big L just wrecks the whole weekend, and we've seen the Vols blow it on a big stage in the past with the entire country watching more times than I care to remember.

I just don't think it's going down like that this time. We should be confident going into this tomorrow. The boys are rolling right now. OU doesn't look as sharp as we do. Our offense is elite across the board, and JP and the boys are likely going to set up a charcoal grill in the back field on defense. These guys have shown they do not let off the gas.

It just feels like we're coming home with a fat W tomorrow. So some of y'all relax tomorrow, get yourselves some liquid courage if you need it, grab some good eatin, put your feet up, and watch the boys roll. We're about to do it.
I feel the same way I did the day before the Bama game in 2022, so I'm running with it. That was the first time in years I felt like we were going to beat Bama.

We gonna whip they ass.

If anything, I'm surprised by how little BVS I have this season. First season in a long time where I've been unequivocally optimistic.

"Shame on the people who were leaving Neyland Stadium."

I can hear it plain as day. Plain. As. Day. Etched into my soul. The eleventh maxim, at least in my brain.

ALSO - watching that video - amazing how the crowd is excited and everyone's into it without having crappy CD music crammed down their throats every time there's a stoppage in play. You can feel the moment a lot more clearly when they kickoff after taking the lead, as opposed to having to sit through another damned play of the Joker and the Thief on full blast.
Oddly enough, this was my first game. I was 5 years old. Don't remember much, but the old man has some camcorder footage from the game that I've watched dozens of times. Mom was mad and stomping off down the ramp with us trying to catch up.
Then the stadium shook (the moment Stoerner fumbled) and pop turned the camcorder back on as we were hustling back to our seats to see what happened.

Reactions: Voltopia
OU's coaches ain't chopped liver, and you know they've been preparing since January for their SEC debut.

Just prepare yourselves for OU's defense to confuse our freshman QB at times and gamble on getting a couple of pick-6s. It's probably going to happen, and we're probably going to have to come from behind to win this game.

It's okay. That's what it takes to grow a team into a champion.
Keep reminding yourself--this is the path to greatness. Let it play out.

If we don't face challenges now in Norman, how do we expect to prevail in Athens on November 16?

Reactions: OffTackleVol
OU's coaches ain't chopped liver, and you know they've been preparing since January for their SEC debut.

Just prepare yourselves for OU's defense to confuse our freshman QB at times and gamble on getting a couple of pick-6s. It's probably going to happen, and we're probably going to have to come from behind to win this game.

It's okay. That's what it takes to grow a team into a champion.
Keep reminding yourself--this is the path to greatness. Let it play out.

If we don't face challenges now in Norman, how do we expect to prevail in Athens on November 16?

The game thread is going to go completely bipolar if this happens. There will be threats of burning their Tennessee gear, calls for staff to be fired, and nasty things said about the boys on the field.

It’ll be quite the roller coaster.

Dick Wolf Stress GIF by Wolf Entertainment
5zmdkphpirgd1.jpeg

I feel like I did before NC State and that turned out well. Cautiously optimistic. CJH wants this game bad and the players aren't going to let him down.

VN Store

Back