Caitlin Clark

Rodman would probably be a bench player in this era* but he was a force in his own era. He was the best at defending positions 3-5 and he was the GOAT rebounder.

*He'd be a total 0 on offense, which teams have far less tolerance for today. IDK, maybe he would've learned to be a reliable 3p shooter. Also, team D is way more important than on-ball D and not sure how well his talent would translate. He wasn't really guarding guys coming off screens on the perimeter and that's an all-game affair for everybody now.
He might not get the playing time he did, but a guy who can lock down 2-5, average 15+ rebounds a game, and change the course of games energy wise would find a home in today's NBA.

The three most unique players in my lifetime, and ones who impacted every game they played whether they scored or not, were the Pistons version of Rodman, Magic, and the young Charles Barkley.

Reactions: NashVol11
He might not get the playing time he did, but a guy who can lock down 2-5, average 15+ rebounds a game, and change the course of games energy wise would find a home in today's NBA.

The three most unique players in my lifetime, and ones who impacted every game they played whether they scored or not, were the Pistons version of Rodman, Magic, and the young Charles Barkley.
I would also add in Ben Wallace, who was an All-NBA player, 4 time DPOY, and the leader of a championship team. He was extremely unique the way he would dominate a game without scoring at all. Rodman would have great influence on a game, but Wallace would literally dominate the opponent with his defense.

I actually don't think it's all that unique to be a big impact guy without being a high-scoring guy, I just think we don't recognize them as much.

Gobert and Draymond come to mind, and half the fans don't want to give them the credit they deserve. Of course, there was Mutumbo. Pippen could score some but that wasn't really his role early and he was the best SF of the entire 90's. He didn't even average 18 ppg for the Bulls.

Look at Bam Adebayo, talk about non-scoring impact from a big...he may be the Heat's best setup guy.

Or what about Kyle Korver....quoting Brad Stevens, "he only scores 12 ppg but you have to guard him as if he scores 30 ppg." And I don't think fans recognized that or how special he was

And if we're throwing in pass-first PG's, there are at least a dozen of those who were great.

The way she got everything wrong:

“Clark played 5 seasons” WRONG
“Clark was 25 when she was a senior” WRONG
“Clark took 40 shots per game” WRONG

And then, she gave a not-so-much-of-an-apology, when really playing the victim, and not admitting that all of her facts were incorrect. The whole thing was just awful and really made me lose a ton of respect for Swoopes.

I actually don't think it's all that unique to be a big impact guy without being a high-scoring guy, I just think we don't recognize them as much.

Gobert and Draymond come to mind, and half the fans don't want to give them the credit they deserve. Of course, there was Mutumbo. Pippen could score some but that wasn't really his role early and he was the best SF of the entire 90's. He didn't even average 18 ppg for the Bulls.

Look at Bam Adebayo, talk about non-scoring impact from a big...he may be the Heat's best setup guy.

Or what about Kyle Korver....quoting Brad Stevens, "he only scores 12 ppg but you have to guard him as if he scores 30 ppg." And I don't think fans recognized that or how special he was

And if we're throwing in pass-first PG's, there are at least a dozen of those who were great.
Other players I think of who had such a huge impact without scoring in double digits often were Jason Kidd, Antonio McDyess when he was with the Pistons, Al Horford in his prime, Tyson Chandler, Rajon Rondo, DeAndre Jordan, and even Roy Hibbert for a couple of seasons.

And if you want to go back even further, Dennis Johnson.

Reactions: n_huffhines
They should embrace her but just like anything else when more than two women are involved it turns to a bitch fest.

Women love to hate other women..... i've never understood this

Reactions: Sudden Impact
They should embrace her but just like anything else when more than two women are involved it turns to a bitch fest.

Women love to hate other women..... i've never understood this
Plenty of people have embraced her, she gets praised by other players after basically every game she plays

"It's amazing what Caitlin's been able to do in her short career so far," Taurasi said. "The one thing that I really love about her, she loves the game. You can tell she's put the work in. ... It's been a lot of pressure, a lot of things thrown at her, and she keeps showing up and keeps getting better every single game.

"So her future is super bright, and being a veteran and being in this league for a long, long time, it is pretty cool to see that and go into the future."

Reactions: VolNExile
Caitlin is currently 1st in scoring (692) among all Rookies, Guards, and 5th overall .

Caitlin is currently 1st overall in assists @ 306 (11 away from setting a new regular season record)

Caitlin is currently 1st in rebounds (209) among Guards, 3rd among Rookies, and 16th overall.

Caitlin is currently 1st in steals (48) among Rookies, 6th among Guards, and 13th overall

Caitlin is currently 2nd in blocks (27) among Guards, 3rd among Rookies, and 16th overall

Caitlin is currently 2nd in Double Doubles (14) among Rookies, 1st among Guards and 6th overall

There are currently 7 Triple Doubles this season and Caitlin has 2 of them.

Caitlin is 8 points away from being the 1st player in WNBA history to have a 700+Pts/200+Rebounds/300+Assists regular season

Caitlin is currently 1st in scoring (692) among all Rookies, Guards, and 5th overall .

Caitlin is currently 1st overall in assists @ 306 (11 away from setting a new regular season record)

Caitlin is currently 1st in rebounds (209) among Guards, 3rd among Rookies, and 16th overall.

Caitlin is currently 1st in steals (48) among Rookies, 6th among Guards, and 13th overall

Caitlin is currently 2nd in blocks (27) among Guards, 3rd among Rookies, and 16th overall

Caitlin is currently 2nd in Double Doubles (14) among Rookies, 1st among Guards and 6th overall

Caitlin is 8 points away from being the 1st player in WNBA history to have a 700+Pts/200+Rebounds/300+Assists regular season
So you're saying Caitlin is pretty damn good basketball player!!!

There were people on this site saying she looked like she had been "overhyped unfairly" early in the season - that people were expecting too much and she wasn't going to have the impact people thought she would have this early in her career.

Yeah. About that.

It is sad at the level of jealousy for Caitlin Clark. I think once people play with her they love her, but if you're on the outside looking in and just dislike her for being the Larry Bird of her time in the women's game then that is a sad state of society.

I will admit, I didn't know much about her in college and figured it was an overrated player among subpar players but this young woman has some real game. Then she has increased visibility for the whole league. How can players not like that? She should've been an Olympian.

VN Store

Back