Cam Sutton to start?

Coleman is a good player.

this. he's an sec caliber corner. and at this point he's experienced. he may have been beaten some the past couple of years but he hasn't had any help. imho...i think it really all begins with the play of the dline, which has been terrible the last few seasons.

this. he's an sec caliber corner. and at this point he's experienced. he may have been beaten some the past couple of years but he hasn't had any help. imho...i think it really all begins with the play of the dline, which has been terrible the last few seasons.

He showed a lot of promise as a frosh. It's hard to judge how bad we were at every level of the defense last season because of the debacle that was Sunseri's defense.

Just because you're fast it doesn't mean you are a good corner. Instincts,footwork,hip movement,physicality to go along with speed, is what you need to have to play corner. Deion sanders did it with all those things except physicality though

Reactions: 1 person
Hope this kid is ready to live on a island, hope he is as good as what the coaches are saying he is.

Keep the QB under duress and the corners will be just fine. The best corner can't cover a wideout for long. I want to see some opposing QB's with dirty uniforms having to count how many fingers the trainer in holding up.

Keep the QB under duress and the corners will be just fine. The best corner can't cover a wideout for long. I want to see some opposing QB's with dirty uniforms having to count how many fingers the trainer in holding up.

Take a page from UT's defense in the 08 Outback Bowl. Wisconisin's poor QB got demolished..... Multiple times.

Sutton and Coleman would mean two GA boys who Right passed on. Now, we just need to make them regret the it.

Reactions: 1 person
Im very interested to see volnations opnion on Coleman after the season.. The kid is gonna be a quality corner and could see him playing at the next level... Yes it was trail by fire for him as a frosh but that experice is what will make him the best corner we have had in awhile

Im very interested to see volnations opnion on Coleman after the season.. The kid is gonna be a quality corner and could see him playing at the next level... Yes it was trail by fire for him as a frosh but that experice is what will make him the best corner we have had in awhile

Indy, I tend to agree with you. He's athletic and physical. Should have had a good year last year. But, I have erased that debacle and exonerated all players, rightfully or not. Ray Lewis would have had his helmet on backwards in that defense.

I'm never comfortable with a Fr starting at corner. Even EB was burnt early several times. Play a Fr if he's the best you have, but someone with experience is the desired route.

That being said, I expect Coleman to have a really good season.

I'm excited to see what he's got! Can the season just not hurry up and get here?!

Starting a true freshman at corner isn't a good thing--unless the kid is great. Maybe bama and florida can get away with doing it at a position or two because they are so talented everywhere else on the unit. But for us, it won't be good--not this year. It shows how weak we are at the position. And we were VERY weak last year on the corners--our outside LB /CB play on runs was TERRIBLE.

Indy, I tend to agree with you. He's athletic and physical. Should have had a good year last year. But, I have erased that debacle and exonerated all players, rightfully or not. Ray Lewis would have had his helmet on backwards in that defense.

I'm never comfortable with a Fr starting at corner. Even EB was burnt early several times. Play a Fr if he's the best you have, but someone with experience is the desired route.

That being said, I expect Coleman to have a really good season.

It's almost always a trial by fire for true freshmen - lot of people on these boards were down on the oline 2 and 3 years again when they were 18 year-olds without the benefit of even a redshirt year playing against juniors and seniors around the league. Look at them now. Would love it if CS was one of those extremely rare exceptions, but am mostly hopeful people cut him some slack when he gets abused a few times. Be excited, have reasonable expectations.

VN Store

Back