Can someone answer this for me?

and players liked him.We have a very good DC in Mason was the DC for Stanford before he went to vandy.A good DC is here in Banks.Don't let yourself get caught up in the nega crap about Banks.Look at the ratings of UT's defense in Banks years here.

Everyone keeps throwing Derek Mason's name around for our DC job if Banks leaves. What are his accomplishments or accolades?
DC at Stanford under Shaw when they were really good. Fielded good defenses at Vandy considering. Dc at Auburn (almost beat Bama) & at OK st.

Seems to get mad quick ( Auburn & OK St) & leave abruptly. I doubt Heupel would go there but who knows.

Reactions: feathersax
Butch is ALL for it...

*oh...how far we have come..together...

636157859797346748-vandy-ut052.jpg

DC at Stanford under Shaw when they were really good. Fielded good defenses at Vandy considering. Dc at Auburn (almost beat Bama) & at OK st.

Seems to get mad quick ( Auburn & OK St) & leave abruptly. I doubt Heupel would go there but who knows.
Defense was way better at Vandy before he got there (top 15 one year and top 25 another year). Auburn and OK st were no were near good.

Banks is sticking around so it doesn’t matter.

I think a lot of the time you get more bang for your buck with a younger DC. Strong is 63. Idk that he has as much fire to hit the recruiting trail as he used to. Also if you don’t stay ahead of the curve with offenses evolving you get left behind.

If we were forced to get someone else I would look at someone like Arnette. He’s younger, has experience in current SEC, has experience being opposite to up tempo offense as well. Glad Banks is sticking around though.
Hell no to Charlie Strong.

Reactions: feathersax
He wouldn’t fit our system. He doesn’t play the soft zone that allows a decent qb to march it down the field against our DBs that won’t turn their heads and play the ball.

He wouldn’t fit our system. He doesn’t play the soft zone that allows a decent qb to march it down the field against our DBs that won’t turn their heads and play the ball.
He wouldn't fit our system because it's been 10 years since he had a good defense.

Banks is sticking around so it doesn’t matter.

I think a lot of the time you get more bang for your buck with a younger DC. Strong is 63. Idk that he has as much fire to hit the recruiting trail as he used to. Also if you don’t stay ahead of the curve with offenses evolving you get left behind.

If we were forced to get someone else I would look at someone like Arnette. He’s younger, has experience in current SEC, has experience being opposite to up tempo offense as well. Glad Banks is sticking around though.
RG doesn't seem to have an issue recruiting at his age. I get what you're saying but I wouldn't assume that.

I wouldn't say I'm glad Banks is sticking around. I guess I'm indifferent. Yes, our defense has improved every year but has been underwhelming at times in big moments....I'll give them the benefit that we just need to upgrade talent in some areas. We are about to find out.

Mason is a great guy and a good leader of young men. He is also a good coach, all desirable traits

RG doesn't seem to have an issue recruiting at his age. I get what you're saying but I wouldn't assume that.

I wouldn't say I'm glad Banks is sticking around. I guess I'm indifferent. Yes, our defense has improved every year but has been underwhelming at times in big moments....I'll give them the benefit that we just need to upgrade talent in some areas. We are about to find out.
Garner is still great but he’s taken a small step back as well. It’s definitely not the same in every scenario though you’re right.

VN Store

Back