Can't believe it

Savannahbayvol

#4 granddaughter in Nashville graduates from Hume-Fogg this month and is going to Wisconsin. Checking out their schedule to see a game at Camp Randall guess who their 3rd game is? Hint, "Yeas Alabama!"

Heard Madison is a great football trip. (In September and October.}:))

Believe I would be going to a game as early in the season if at all possible

While I have moved around quite a bit, the older I get the more brutal that cold gets.

Used to get sent to upper Wisconsin for work pretty routinely-it kinda sucked to have to go buy a jacket during Memorial Day weekend.

If you absolutely must go to a late season game-take several layers of corrugated cardboard to sit on. Those metal bleachers are not very fun when it is 20 degrees out. Your cheeks will thank you

You do know that the Upper Peninsula was originally part of Wisconsin. It was awarded to Michigan as compensation to settle the Toledo war between Michigan and Ohio.

The ? is , Who awarded it to Michigan, since it belonged to Wisconsin?

The ? is , Who awarded it to Michigan, since it belonged to Wisconsin?
The US Government. Michigan and Ohio had rallied their militias and shots had been fired over which state Toledo (an important port at that time) and an area called the Toledo strip belonged to.

This also helps explain today's rivalry between Michigan and Ohio St

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The US Government. Michigan and Ohio had rallied their militias and shots had been fired over which state Toledo (an important port at that time) and an area called the Toledo strip belonged to.

This also helps explain today's rivalry between Michigan and Ohio St

So to appease those 2, Wisky get's screwed? Reminds me of the ncaa , so mad at Alabama, they put Slippery Rock on probation.....

So to appease those 2, Wisky get's screwed? Reminds me of the ncaa , so mad at Alabama, they put Slippery Rock on probation.....
Wisconsin was barely even a territory then. They had basically zero power to say anything. Michigan didn’t even want it initially, but politics got involved. It helped Michigan get statehood and the whole reason the offer existed was for Jackson to appease Ohio

#4 granddaughter in Nashville graduates from Hume-Fogg this month and is going to Wisconsin. Checking out their schedule to see a game at Camp Randall guess who their 3rd game is? Hint, "Yeas Alabama!"

Heard Madison is a great football trip. (In September and October.}:))
I have two of my offices up there. One in a suburb of Madison called Middleton (almost exactly a 7 mile straight shot from the UW campus) and one in north Appleton (literally a 27 minute drive up I-41 to Lambeau Field in Green Bay). You should try to check out both places for games if you plan to attend football games when you visit her. I think you will enjoy the visits.

Wisconsin was a "territory" at the time (1833) and only became a state (1848) after the Toledo war. So the US Govt. had authority to change boundaries of the "territory". Still it makes no geographic sense that the "UP" is part of Michigan and not part of Wisconsin.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Wisconsin was a "territory" at the time (1833) and only became a state (1848) after the Toledo war. So the US Govt. had authority to change boundaries of the "territory". Still it makes no geographic sense that the "UP" is part of Michigan and not part of Wisconsin.
At the time, Michigan and Ohio already had control over the UP. Jackson needed Ohio’s vote in the election, so he forced Michigan to give up the Toledo area. They got the UP in exchange. The copper and lumber Michigan was able to get from the area leads many to believe they ultimately got the upper hand in the deal, although it wasn’t known at the time

Reactions: tbh and GoDucks349

VN Store

Back