Carlos Dunlap

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Dunlap has made a decision but not announced yet. His father says they aren't sure when he will announce, may be before his AA game, may be after. He still plans on taking his visits(UF and UT, maybe Clemson) and has already visited South Carolina. I can't say I like UT's chances without him visiting. I say USC lands another stud DE for the 06 class. He has made an unofficial to UT though.

Yeah, and Dunlap spoke very highly of his unofficial to UT. Hopefully they made enough of an impression at that time. I agree that it would be much better if Dunlap would take his official to Knoxville before his decision. Dunlap is big-time.

Yeah, he and Mason are freaks. I know we already have O'Neal, Vinson, Jones, Maples, and Campbell for WR plus Berry who will get snaps, but all 5 can play DB as well. Mason can play safety too.

I don't think Vinson or O'Neal will get any looks at DB. Mason, at 6'6", can play safety?

He plays for his HS. O'Neal can play corner(I think FSU tried it some). Vinson played some safety at Hargrave. I'd say Maples would be the most likely to end up at safety, though.

He plays for his HS. O'Neal can play corner(I think FSU tried it some). Vinson played some safety at Hargrave. I'd say Maples would be the most likely to end up at safety, though.

With all due respect, I just don't think UT coaches are even thinking about Vinson or O'Neal playing DB. The coaches must know these two have a chance to play a big role a WR early in their careers.

I don't think they are either, I'm just saying it is an option. We want another safety, but this kid could be too good to pass up. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Although, like I said, Maples then Jones would get the look first.

I don't think they are either, I'm just saying it is an option. We want another safety, but this kid could be too good to pass up. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Although, like I said, Maples then Jones would get the look first.

We definitely need a big-time safety in this class. Morgan Burnett or Harrison Smith would be ideal, but I know those two aren't likely. Berry needs to recruit his buddy Mr. Burnett very hard.

Yeah but Burnett said he has to do what is best for him. We are still recruiting Dwight Jones, so why not pursue Mason? Pursue those two along with the safeties we are recruiting and take 1 if possible.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think we will land any of the safeties we are looking at(other than McKenzie, maybe) and I don't think Jones switches from UNC so why not take a shot.

Probably, I just think he stays in state. Clemson could be a darkhorse, I'm not sure where his loyalties lie.

How many DE's are graduating this year. I know we've already recruited G. Williams and Rufus Williams at DE. Do you guys think we'll need at least 3-4 DE's for this class. I feel we are more thin at DT because we are losing three and have only signed one in Langley. I would still love to get Martin and Dunlap though.

We don't lose any DEs, though McBride was going to be a DE. We only return 4 though(X Mitchell, Reynolds, Ayers, and Brown). Both Williams can play DE, though Gerald still has the grades thing and Rufus isn't 100% committed. Walker can play DE as well. We really want another DE if possible.

We only have Langley committed, but we lead big for Melancon(look for a Christmas commitment) and are coleaders for Brimfield. We are also in it for a few more.

man, I really wanted Austin, I just really thought he could be a difference maker early

I'm not saying we are completely out of it, but it doesn't seem likely. He still mentions us and, until he eliminates us, we still have a shot. As weird as his recruitment has been, anything can happen.

According to a poster on VolQuest, Austin told a Scout.com guy that Tennessee is still very much in the running.

Yeah and a former Vol on Quest has put up his posting rights in a bet saying that Austin is a Vol. I still doubt it.

VN Store

Back