Case over for Jaylen McCollough

Jimmyandjoes

Unsupervised probation. Stay out of trouble for a year and this will be officially over. Pays 22k to the victim

Unsupervised probation. Stay out of trouble for a year and this will be officially over. Pays 22k to the victim
Great gig if you can get it: get drunk, intrude into the private lives of other people, be a smartass about it, get hit a couple of times, and get paid $22,000.

Do that five times a year, and you're making really good money for five days' work and about the same amount of pain and suffering as the average amateur boxer takes for free.

Glad Jaylen's got this behind him. Lessons learned: keep the door locked even when you're home, and beat the **** out of the intruder while he's still inside your house/apartment.

Go Vols!

Utter bullst that the rest of his life is now stained with a felony conviction because some aszhat came into his own home. What kind of idiot judge is this?

Utter bullst that the rest of his life is now stained with a felony conviction because some aszhat came into his own home. What kind of idiot judge is this?
I'm not sure if he'll carry that conviction forever. The way this is written, it could be he completes his probation period with no problems and this goes away. He'll get what's called judicial diversion but I'm not sure on that. One of our better legal eagles can chime in and clarify

I get it.. but the only reason it came to this is he chased the guy after he left and then gave him the business after he exited the apartment. No one would’ve blinked if it was in the doorway. The guy probably still deserved it but the law wasn’t on JMs side at that point.

I'm not sure if he'll carry that conviction forever. The way this is written, it could be he completes his probation period with no problems and this goes away. He'll get what's called judicial diversion but I'm not sure on that. One of our better legal eagles can chime in and clarify
He has no criminal record which means he's eligible for Judicial Diversion. His record can be expunged at the end of his probation.

Last edited:
He has no criminal record. He's eligible for Judicial Diversion. His record can be expunged at the end of his probation.
Basically, stay out of trouble. You're on unsupervised which means no one is showing up at the house, you don't have to go to Elm Street, you will report to no one. Take your year time out, be cool, and this will never show up other than on an arrest record? No conviction

Basically, stay out of trouble. You're on unsupervised which means no one is showing up at the house, you don't have to go to Elm Street, you will report to no one. Take your year time out, be cool, and this will never show up other than on an arrest record? No conviction
If he completes his probation and gets it expunged, it will no longer be on his record.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Great gig if you can get it: get drunk, intrude into the private lives of other people, be a smartass about it, get hit a couple of times, and get paid $22,000.

Do that five times a year, and you're making really good money for five days' work and about the same amount of pain and suffering as the average amateur boxer takes for free.

Glad Jaylen's got this behind him. Lessons learned: keep the door locked even when you're home, and beat the **** out of the intruder while he's still inside your house/apartment.

Go Vols!
Yep, unreal

Go Vols!
I recall back in the day, Don King advertising to pretty much anyone that he would pay well if they would step in the ring with Mike Tyson and be his training fodder.

Also, have a brother that has a degree in Criminal Justice and is a former Ky State Trooper and one thing they teach and preach is if you retaliate against an intruder, make sure the body falls INSIDE your home.

If he completes his probation and gets it expunged, it will no longer be on his record.
Not 100% true, as someone who had a charge when he was 18 expunged.

It showed up on a background check in the military which required me to take a polygraph, and on professional licensure requiring me to produce documentation that the charge was expunged, as well as a letter explaining what happened.

Hope it goes better for him.

My question, why plead guilty if you aren't? I'd never do that. Maybe, just maybe we don't have all the facts since we weren't actually a fly on the wall... None of us.

I recall back in the day, Don King advertising to pretty much anyone that he would pay well if they would step in the ring with Mike Tyson and be his training fodder.

Also, have a brother that has a degree in Criminal Justice and is a former Ky State Trooper and one thing they teach and preach is if you retaliate against an intruder, make sure the body falls INSIDE your home.
Buglers broke into my neighbor's home in Houston. While police were there investigating, I asked them what I should do if I caught an intruder robing me in my home. The answer: "Shoot him. If he's outside, drag him back in the house and we'll take care of it from there."

My question, why plead guilty if you aren't? I'd never do that. Maybe, just maybe we don't have all the facts since we weren't actually a fly on the wall... None of us.
If JM had beat the guy down while he was in JMs apartment, it's a different story and no way do you plead guilty.

Since it happened outside of the residence, JM is liable for felony battery and assault...that carries some hefty penalties.

So unless you got a 100 percent, beyond the shadow of doubt, rock solid case, you take the plea deal. Personally, I think JM did the right thing here.

Reactions: Rememberthelate90s
Buglers broke into my neighbor's home in Houston. While police were there investigating, I asked them what I should do if I caught an intruder robing me in my home. The answer: "Shoot him. If he's outside, drag him back in the house and we'll take care of it from there."
I guess everyone should hear when buglers break into a house. What do they do when they arrive, play Taps?

VN Store

Back